Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Heat 3 preview (at Marq's request)

Options
  • 15-06-2004 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Amp: 72 off suit is his favourite hand, he'll rake it in with this one.

Marq: the obvious favourite, a shoe-in for the heat.

Kevin R: no idea.

Mickste: the infamous Mickste, the invisible man - lasted longer than me in the May heat despite not showing up, beware the full house followed by four Aces.

Samson: played him once but that was months ago.

Krusty_clown: a mystery to me.

Henbane: drunken Euro fag-rock meister. If he looks like qualifying just start wiggling.

Spiritus: tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm. When he raises throw your cards in quick!

Karl H: will bet 800 whether he has anything or not.

I reckon the last three named will be going through, could be (and probably will be) entirely wrong on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

cheers TwoShedsJackson, particularly for the pointedly sarcastic comment after my name. Oh I do like to be an underdog.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Cant see past Smason/Spiritus and karl H - however, the unknowns may cause a stir. Interesting to see if Mickste turns up - doubt it.

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If Amp gets the cards he can play them. He's hard to read because he's nervous when he has a hand and also when he's bluffing!! *PHROOTINI*!!!!

Samson, Henbane, Spiritus and Karl H are all solid players and if I had to put my life on the line I'd say three of those four will proceed.

I've been told Marq has a chance too. The others I dont know.

These are the odds I'd give the players to qualify. I'll take posts here as binding bets on these players getting into the last three. I'll accept no more then a tenner from any one person on any one player (so no stickin 500 notes on Spiritus or anything!).
    I also reserve the right to ditch this whole idea pior to Sat if I get too nervous or the risks get too high :):)
    I've made the odds as fair as I can in order not to make profit but rather to have a bit of a laugh around the heat.

Amp: 3:1
    Marq: 3:1
    Kevin R: 5:1
    Samson: 3:2
    Krusty_clown: 4:1
    Henbane: 3:2
    Spiritus: 3:2
    Karl H: 3:2

Remember the odds are that those players will make the last three hence why they are short for the top players as they are pretty likely to make up 2 out of 3 even if there ARE upsets... So Amp at 3:1 isnt a bad bet as he just has to make third and you get paid 3 times your stake! A No-show is the same as a loss.

Anyone up for putting up to a tenner on any given player (you can bet on multiple players though!).

I'll be locking this thread on Saturday afternoon so dont be thinking you can bet and then edit your post later :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Heh,
    I'll stick a tenner on Amp and a tenner on Marq too. 3-1 odds ain't bad.
    Don't let me down lads!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

gambling is bad....shame on you all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Cant see past Smason/Spiritus and karl H

This from the man who said Greece would beat Portugal on Saturday - oh wai....

Originally posted by kencleary
    Don't let me down lads!!!!!!!

lol, As if there wasn't enough pressure. DeVore I hope you know that a few well-calculated PMs between the nine of us in the heat and we could all be celebrating a hefty profit at your expense this saturday. How difficult can it be to fix a poker game?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well I obviously would have won this heat had I not been a few thousand miles away but in my absence I would have to back Samson and Spiritus with Karlh or Henabne bringing up the rear (in Henbanes case that's a literal comment :D )

I'll have €10 on Samson and €10 on Spiritus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Mick Ste has quit the BSOP. He will not be taking part in any future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

3:2 is not even worth a punt.

I'd take Marq/Amp to go through at 3-1 if I wasn't involved myself. May have to work out a way to put some tenners on tactically to guarantee a free evenings poker if I don't qualify. Not much need for that cos I will pwn in the hot cash action afterwards.

Do you take accumulators?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

given that there are only 8 people and 3 of you get through, 3:2 is marginally worse then a RANDOM PICK... dont think much of your MAD CASH SKILLZ if you dont think you can affect the outcome of the game even that much... :p

Whats an accumulator?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

oh you would love working out the odds on accumulators!!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have contacted Dropsy to see if he wants to play in Heat 3 considering he missed Heat 2 - same goes for any of the Heat 1 absentees (PM me)

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by DeVore
    given that there are only 8 people and 3 of you get through, 3:2 is marginally worse then a RANDOM PICK... dont think much of your MAD CASH SKILLZ if you dont think you can affect the outcome of the game even that much... :p
    I mean those odds are too fricking short to justify betting on them. I don't need much skillz to take your cash anyway.
    Whats an accumulator?
    Making a bet on one person combined with another bet on another person.

€10 on Spiritus, Karl & Me nets 156.25
    Spiritus wins.... €10 @ 3/2 = €15 + €10
    Karl also.... €25 @ 3/2 = €37.50 + €25
    I also.... €62.50 @ 3/2 = €93.75 + €62.50 = 156.25

Doubles from 3 might be a better bet though
    Same people with €10 per line makes €30 total stake.
    Total possible return is €187.50 if all 3 go through. €62.50 if only two go through.

I'm hungover so those figures might need some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

Hi,

I though an accumulator was someone with the opposite poker style to Dev, someone who amasses chips? Live and learn I guess.

Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Odds smods, I'll crush you all.

$1000 on Amp!

That confidence is indicative of something!

Odds on Whiteshadow DeV?

Advertisement