Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post french aural LC answers here!

Options
  • 15-06-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

If any1 is gud @ french aural & if any1 can remember their answers in the french higher aural exam today, post 'em here please to try to put my mind to rest!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Perhaps you'd get a better response if you actually made even a half-assed attempt at asking the question in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

190 countries was on of the answers - on the Human Rights thing. Thats all I can remember for now.

50000 broadband sign-ups. 190 countries. Dry weather. Didn't get money from the bank. Child soldiers. One quarter. That's all I remember, in no particular order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Jaysus it was the ****in hardest one I've ever done I think. Which is a bit **** seeing as it's the only one that counted.

Anyway I remember the last section

1 ice
    2 50,000
    3 i threw the baby out the window ii they caught it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Eh her band card was gone, she was pale from shock, she was robbed.

Eh ye 190 countries, germans can take them to court for coming into thier rooms and invading thier privacy,

Eh, hum , eh 50,000 subs for BB

The harvest was down due to ice?

The people jumped in/out (I say out friends say in) the window, gards caught them by the arm or in their arms

Hum, eh, oh they buy property cause its cheaper and in the country? :S

Terrible listening but there are some I can remember

• Advertisement

Ah yes, she wasn't robbed, she was searched by the shop assistant cause she left the shop 1 minute after she entered it so they thought she was a thief. The guy told her to go & ask for the manager. And she had to go to the bank to get money, which is why she left so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I thought the 'pale' section aswers were :

She realised she had to go to the back
    The man thought she had something hidden in her bag
    Go back straight away and demand an apology.

Other answers :
    Got 50,000 BB subscriptions.
    I threw down 'they added chemicals that can cause injury' to the grapes.
    13% of French in 2000.
    Houses are cheaper
    You can find houses with a nice small farm.
    Being drafted into the army by the age of 15, and being forced to work.

Biggest load of bollix comprehension.
    Bitch of a supervisor - I was writing the exam in pencil, and I didnt have a rubber. Got a rubber while on Q5, but she wouldn't give me time to rewrite the draft answers I'd written.

Funny story though. You know the way the papers were folded, so Q4 was on the second page if you didnt turn it out? - Friend never unfolded the paper, and after Q2 he went onto Q4. Didn't realise what he was doing until the end of Q4, so he's ****ed. He's only doing pass though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

i did the ordinary paper, the choices for poor grape product was frost,snow and 2 others. I think it was frost

Was talkin to some1 fluent in french. He said she was going to buy a wallet for her dad, then they thought she shop lifted.

The grapes thing was actually a canicule: a heat wave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

YE the bit about the manager and the staff totally went past me and I just countnd break it down. Does make sense now alright. I thought she put her bag down and someone stole something from it! :(

• Advertisement

The shoplifting thing threw me on the first and second hearings, the third was grand though. I found the four on the last page were the hardest though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Lol, woops. Ha. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

****ing impossible. And here was me hoping there was an "easy trend" after last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I thought it was really difficult too. Higher Level. the written paper was nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

I was a bit worried on leaving the aural, but I'm starting to calm down a bit now after reading some of the answers. I didn't eff it up completely (apart from the first part -- I did eff that up).
    Child soldiers

Yes, I got that too, but does anyone know how specific you had to be in answering this question?

Though, that last question with the firemen and parents, what on earth?

Originally posted by subway_ie
    The grapes thing was actually a canicule: a heat wave
    Apres la gelle et la canicule: after the frost & the heatwave. It did say one thing, which usually indicates there's more than one choice.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint to the chief examiner... probably won't do a whole lot of good, but if they get enough complaints, they'll be forced to take *some* action....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

yeah subway, goin 2 do same thing myself. the french aural tape test really is a disgrace IMO. I mean, they expect us to be fluent in french after five years.

Section 1 yesterday - honestly - how many ppl actually got that right??!??

Originally posted by BangBeater
    yeah subway, goin 2 do same thing myself. the french aural tape test really is a disgrace IMO. I mean, they expect us to be fluent in french after five years.

I used this address:
    Chief French Examiner
    State Examinations Commission,
    Cornamaddy,
    Athlone,
    Co. Westmeath.

Basically, I praised them on their written paper, but said the aural was totally unacceptable. The delivery was a disgrace, the speakers diction wasn't up to standard - sounded like they were mumbling in some places. Don't feel my result will justify the result I put in, all that kinda stuff. Just try to keep it eloquent and mature. Might not make a huge diference (probably wont make any difference) but, you never know.

That special olympics section was unbelievable. Never heard anything like it, just straight into some guy talking (fast, too) without any sort of introduction to the topic or his name or anything (even though he was named on the paper).

• Advertisement
Advertisement