Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant delete O2 walpaper file from phone

Options
  • 15-06-2004 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I've got a nokia 6610 that is connected up to the Nokia PC Suite via an ir connection.
    Is there any way to delete the O2 Wallpaper.bmp file that came preloaded on the phone? its 48kb of space that i could do with for ring tones etc. Dont even have the option on the phone itself to delete it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yeh I have the same problem with the Motorola V525. Theres no option to delete any of the pictures that come on the phone and there are millions of them... It's an absolute pain having to scroll through them sometimes to get to certain photos

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lodey

EDIT: I used Mobile Phone Tools v2.19a and the USB cable. :/EDIT
    This is only for the Motorola V525

Here is what you have to do.

First find the file you want to get rid of. For my example I am going to use "Graffiti" picture.
    This file is of type GIF.

So on my PC I create a 0 byte file called Graffiti.gif.
    Now start MPT 2.19a.
    Select the Multimedia applet and get it started.

LEAVE THE PHONE SELECTION ON THE ROOT FOLDER OF THE PHONE.

on the PC side browse to your 0 byte Graffiti.gif
    Drag this 0 byte file to the phone side.
    It will now either have deleted Graffiti from your pictures or it will have left it corrupt (it's been about 80/20% on that). either way you have now deleted a "Locked" item as it lets you select delete for corrupted items.

You can get the required programs at the following website:

Have fun.

Here is that website...

You can also do this over bluetooth...

http://overthecliff.net/moto/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is there a similar tool avaliable for nokias? i tried deleting it using the Nokia phone browser on the pc but everytime i hit refresh the picture reappears. if i look at the details of the picture on the phone it says the copyright is "protected". is yhis some drm crapp i cant delete so?

For the Nokia phone you would need something like MobiMb by Logomanager, should be able to delete it with that program.

You can get it here:
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/products.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement