Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Rep vs Latvia (scores) [merged]

• 15-06-2004 5:49pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

1-0 to Latvia at half time!

Stepanovs is having a stormer in defence, and Latvia's left winger looks pretty handy. Czech Rep were getting very frustrated prior to Latvia's goal on the stroke of half time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Half Time - 1-0 Latvia. :D

The Czech's are all over them but Latvia are defending really well. They scored in injury time. I'd love to see Latvia winning.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

half time latvians leading can they pull it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1 thread not enough?

Holland to win 2-0 8/1
    Lativa to win 1-0 11/1

Edge of the seat stuff.

Not a bad game hope LAtvia pull it off but Czech bench is skeery and and can see them upping tempo again 2nd half.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

if Latvia win, the bookies are going to go bankrupt

got Latvia at 6/1 win... :D

they are a good team and i only backed them having seen them draw and beat Sweden in the qualifiers, they can play well at times as they've been doing in the first half, their defence isn't great and that may cause them some more problems in 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

No reason why not if they can keep throwing themselves at everything for another 45 minutes. I think you might see a bit more urgency about the Czechs in the 2nd half especially if Baros and Koller get the kick in the arse they both need to wake them up.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KdjaC

Lativa to win 1-0 11/1

ahhh.. got them at 6/1... 11/1 would have been much better :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

twill be 3-1 czechs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm in work for the mo but got a bet on Latvia to win about 10 mins before the goal - 12.5 to 1:D

Originally posted by bazH
    twill be 3-1 czechs

that's a confident statement. i can see the Czech's getting more into it in the 2nd half and scoring 1, maybe 2, but 3 goals in 45 mins against Lativa? they aren't that bad a team.

hhmmm, Sweden didn't score 1 against them in the qualifiers, yet scored 5 yesterday in the space of 60 mins play against Bulgaria. Latvia seem a little better then Bulgaria, only a little, but still...

Latvia haven't actually got a bad team and they're missing Pahars.

Whats all this hype about Nedved BTW? I've seen him play about 10 times now and he doesn't look like a European player of the year. He'll probably score a hatrick after me saying that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

5/4 now with Corals if you still fancy the Czechs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

like 3 threads on this one match:confused:

Latvia remind me of ireland back when we first arrvied to the european championship!! great defending ...such a small country

Czech republic dont look like sticking the ball in the back of the net any time soon .. I cant see it being a 3-1 to them..

Stepanov is a god :D

Same guy who went to OT and conceded 4 on his own !!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

How did Baros miss that?

I can see Latvia winning this......

Originally posted by Axel
    How did Baros miss that?

I can see Latvia winning this......

pool what more can be said .

I hope soo too //me clutches betting slip

kdjac

fook 1-1

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Damn 1-1

Baros!!!!!!!!!!

It has been coming though

2-1 czech me reverts to 2nd bet of czech dutch double ,crappier odds tho :(

kdjac

its over it was a matter of time from the moment the latvians scored.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Latvia haven't actually got a bad team and they're missing Pahars.

Whats all this hype about Nedved BTW? I've seen him play about 10 times now and he doesn't look like a European player of the year. He'll probably score a hatrick after me saying that.:)

they werent missing him he was on the bench plus he's more trouble then hes worth imo.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mayordenis
    they werent missing him he was on the bench plus he's more trouble then hes worth imo.
    He would have started if he was fit.

I think Liverpool should sell Owen while they have the chance. Baros and Cisse would be a much better combination. Baros is probably a better player than Owen TBH, at least he works hard for the team.

The Czech's deserved the win considering the amount of shots they got. You can praise the Latvian defense all you want but with 29 shots the Czech's were bound to score a couple.

BTW - That Cork City flag was at the match today, they have been at half the matches so far.

Good game ,latvians tried to hold out Czech were just too good. Some good moments and 2 greats saves from latvian keeper. enjoyable 90 minutes.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

shuda been 3-1, enough chances, enjoyable game

I think Liverpool should sell Owen while they have the chance. Baros and Cisse would be a much better combination. Baros is probably a better player than Owen TBH, at least he works hard for the team.

would agree there and liverpool could get a decent wad of cash for owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I only saw the second half but he looked totally class. Brilliant on the ball, great passing, great technique, and nearly scored a stunning volley. Plus he tracked back loads when they really needed it. And for anyone saying Liverpool should sell Owen, what are you on about, he had a "****" season last year and still scored 1 in 2 in the league. Plus when the new manager comes in they will play to his strengths and he will be back into the 25 goal bracket again which he has done pretty much every year apart from this one.

Ahh Eirebhoy i missed that ,hes been class for years now.
    he was injured this season and wasnt on form but starting to look good again ,plyed very well toniight everytime he gets the ball somfin is on.

Very few players have that effect in a game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

fair play to both team. Thought that shot by baros was in. I thought C.Republic would win. Suprised latvia didnt keep them from scoring.
    Hard luck any way

On the Owen point. I'd say Baros would score just as much as Owen if he was playing regularly. if Liverpool could get £25mil for Owen that would mean the new manager having £55mil to spend on new player.

On Nedved, he had a good game tonight. He's a better player in the middle IMO. I've seen him a good few times this season though and he doesn't seem to have the same consistency as someone like Duffer, Zidane or Ronaldinho. I can only judge from what I've seen though so I could be completely wrong.

Baros will never have the killer instinct that Owen has (even though he missed a few this year I put that down to lack of match fitness). Why would you bother selling your number 1 striker, who is perfectly settled, wants to stay and win things, and is 24, even for £25M? Owens goals ratio is as good as you will get, why would you bother changing him? He would get 30 a year if Liverpool were a better team.

• Advertisement

I just think Baros would be a much better partner for Cisse. Owen tends to stay in the box while Baros runs around non stop. He has a a goal to match ratio for the Czech Republic of 0.63 so if he played a 50 match season he could easily score 30 goals. He's also nearly 2 years younger than Owen. If Liverpool were offered £25mil for Owen I say take it.

I just think Baros would be a much better partner for Cisse. Owen tends to stay in the box while Baros runs around non stop. He has a a goal to match ratio for the Czech Republic of 0.63 so if he played a 50 match season he could easily score 30 goals. He's also nearly 2 years younger than Owen. If Liverpool were offered £25mil for Owen I say take it.

But by saying that are you implying that Cisse is better than Owen. Because he isnt.

I haven't seen Cisse play much to judge him but I'm not saying he's better than Owen. I don't think Liverpool paid £14mil (?) for Cisse for him to sit on the bench. I think Baros could be just as good a partner for Cisse as Owen so why not cash in on Owen? Since your a Liverpool fan I'll leave it for you to judge and your most likely right but its just my opinion from what I've seen of the 3 players.

Owen is one of the best strikers in Europe, without a doubt, Cisse will probably partner him and Baros be back up, I like Baros but today he showed the things that are so frustrating with him, he takes too much out of the ball and misses very easy chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Good game! Latvia defended great and someone will snap up Stepanov if he keeps playin like this! Czech Rep will have to get there game up if they are going to beat the Germans! the Dutch will be knocked out by the looks of it

ON the Owen point......SELL SELL SELL.....he is the most over rated player in England.....baros is twice the player! The boy is pure class! the only reason he hasnt scored 25 is because Liverpool has a useless manager!

Advertisement