Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax return

Options
  • 15-06-2004 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Anyone know how long is normal to be waiting for an average tax assessment? Nothing fancy, pretty much earned this, how much do is owed scenario.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

4-8 weeks I'd say at most. Check their Charter on www.revenue.ie

If you are worried give your tax unit a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks for that.
    Any idea the best route for lodging a complaint against an accountant or would I be wasting my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hang on, did you give it to an accountant and ask them to submit it? I don't think there is any specific performance criteria for the account in such cases other than reasonable.
    Originally posted by Shewhomustbe...
    Thanks for that. Any idea the best route for lodging a complaint against an accountant or would I be wasting my time?
    Complain first to the accountant, then complain with a threat of "going further" and then complain to their profesional organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

This matter has been in their care since last September!!!

I was told just over a month ago that as I did not complete a self-employed registration form that's what was causing the delay (even though I was never advised to do this) and I should get the assessment in about two weeks, I'm still waiting.
    I sent them another letter saying this, heard nothing so far.

Advertisement