Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An NG in the History paper

Options
  • 15-06-2004 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi all,

So what did u all think off the History Paper today?

I was like smurf, smurf and then shes like "Whats her problem?"

I was "no way" and she like "Yes Pa"

What the hell?

:D

Herr Krupp Of Essen

Ps :what did u all do for your Topic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Got ****ed in Section B, for some reason I decided not to C na G and do Inter Party, Security and Fianna Fail instead.
    Otherwise alright, though I do have one thing to say.

The amount of writing is ridiculous, by my last essay, Parnell, my head was mush and I just couldn't structure the essay at all. Which was annoying, cause I know Parnell inside out by this point.
    Bleh...at least it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

I thought the history paper was fine, no shocks in any of the sections. Did Conservatives & Ireland, Sean LeMass, Bismarck and Hitlers foreign policy. Opted for Stalins rule for Section E instead of my special topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Ow, my hand. Delighted it's over, though. Nothing too tricky came up. Could only do about 3 pages for Anglo-Irish relations 1932-45 and it got rather vague after 1938, but everything else was okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

my friggin arm, neck and wriet is about to fall off!!
    and i didnt even finish the bloody think.
    only thing was it was a fair paper, no surprises.
    feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Some people in my class where really happy about the paper. IMHO it wasnt a great paper.

A: I really knew butt and davitt. Guess what, ended up doing parnell, which i havent revised. fsck.

B, was ok. But that q on Labour wasnt great. AFAIK not many people do labour. And the lemass essay. There wasnt much what to write, cause have of the essay is gone becauce it said in the years of 1959-1966.
    Cumman na ngeadheal was ok, cause they were looking for 3 things, so you wouldnt need much detail. Ended up doing this.

C: was my dream. I knew bismarck, but not to great, lenin and european expansion. Knew expansion best, so i did that. What did yous write for the effects? I simple did the tension (jamesons raid, fashoda incident, boer war, 1906 algericas conference, 1911 morocan crisis. and mentioned that britain got the control of the suez canal, which was shorter route to india.)

D: Unlucky section. Hoped for cold war, spanish civil war and general essay on hitler. And what came up? Economic development, wtf?
    Facism ok, but it said "inter-war period".
    Konrad Adenauer or Nikita Khrushchev. Did anyone do them?

Then this US in europe, a ripped off version of cold war + some other stuff that we newer bothered doing.

Hitlers foreign policy was ok. So did this. Ran out of time, some place around 1938(munich conference). What did yous write after 1939? Invasion of france, battle of britian?

Fsck, just looked at the E.2 section, butts there, arghhhhhhhhhhh....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Cannibal Ox
    The amount of writing is ridiculous

Thats why the department is introducing new history syllabus. After 2005, a new one will be on. One will have to study some 2 document questions + parts of old syllabus. Same for geography.

by my last essay, Parnell, my head was mush and I just couldn't structure the essay at all. Which was annoying, cause I know Parnell inside out by this point.
    Bleh...at least it's over.

Thats why its advisable to do your best questions first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I had only learnt cultural nationalism, bismarck and lemass and my special study and they all came up, what are the chances of that?
    I cant believe how jammy that is.
    PS: to 5th years- i dont recommend this, you'll die from panic.

Originally posted by Sarunas
    Some people in my class where really happy about the paper. IMHO it wasnt a great paper.

Everyone in my class seemed to be pretty happy with it, but I think that's because everyone was dreading a really awful paper and were relieved. It was a pretty standard paper, I thought. The fascism question was grand, though. What can you write about fascism that's *not* in the inter-war period, really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

I was hella happy with the history paper, had been dreading it since like 1st yr, but was a very nice paper, especially the european qs-bismarck AND anglo german and Hitler AND Khrushchev, my favourite topics, was spoiled for choice!Did special topic. Irish history qs were cool too although find it very dull in general so am never gonna be as thorough as european!Ok i'm gonna shut up waffling now so glad thats over!!!!!

Originally posted by claire h
    Everyone in my class seemed to be pretty happy with it, but I think that's because everyone was dreading a really awful paper and were relieved. It was a pretty standard paper, I thought. The fascism question was grand, though. What can you write about fascism that's *not* in the inter-war period, really?

<justification_for_stupid_thing_me_wrote>

The facist lad who took over fuma, when was that? (my history books are thrown under the bed, with the rest of books which i will never need, unless im repeating which is very unlikely, + im to tired to google)

There is some stuff that you can write during ww2. maybe not. Facism isnt my interest, newer liked it. Too many mad/crazy/insane/cruel/un-human/stupid things.

</justification_for_stupid_thing_me_wrote>

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sarunas
    <justification_for_stupid_thing_me_wrote>
    The facist lad who took over fuma, when was that? (my history books are thrown under the bed, with the rest of books which i will never need, unless im repeating which is very unlikely, + im to tired to google)

Do you mean Fiume? 1919.

yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

d'Annunzio

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I knew bismark , Imperialism , Lemass , A bit of gladstone , Hitlers rise to power and his Reich ( BUT NOT FORIEGN POLICY :( )

I did my special topic first did 5 pages and that was grand. I did Sean Lemass next and he went fine , Next I did bismark and I know him relaly well, Done him in mocks and countless other exams BUT at this stage I had written about 10 pages and my hand was in bits , also I couldnt concentrate , kept snapping out of a daze and realising I was staring at the page, my hand writing became scrawled and the essay wasnt well structured at all... Dont even talk to me about Gladstone - It was a disaster... and I didnt do anything from D. But Id say I got around 65 % which aint too bad I guess...

Advertisement