Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New doom3 /Hl2 pics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

tbh the way its going with hl2 i doubt it ill be any better than far cry

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

yeah, I'd have to agree. I can't help thinking that Far Cry really has stolen the graphical thunder of these two upcoming heavy weights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by bambam
    yeah, I'd have to agree. I can't help thinking that Far Cry really has stolen the graphical thunder of these two upcoming heavy weights

HL2 and Farcry are about on par, I guess HL2 runs faster FPS wise. D3 still looks well ahead of the pack tho..

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

yeah d3 is ahead but only but a whisker no one has real proof of how hl2 will run atm and all this talk of physic engine on hl2 i cant see it adding anything to the far cry one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Doom looks better than anything atm, but the guns look kinda vegetarian in those shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I all fairness, neither look particularly striking.. The HL2 shots are not new a they look very unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

If only HL2 was realeased last october when it was meant to be then people might be a bit kinder to it. So what if there are bugs in it thats what patches are for:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Are you guys really deciding which game is going to look best based on a couple of screenshots with obvious placeholder textures?
    Really?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They are from the leaked version of HL2. Not offical in anyway and tbh, you'd be a moron to judge the game from that build, which is over a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

DoomIII has better rendering tech, so of course it will look better. The source engine is a very good idea though, you can expand on it 10-fold, not that the DoomIII engine isn't without it's merits, ID know all too well how scalable their engines are, and thats were the money will come from when the license it.

In the end it's the game, and you would be a fool to not own both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement