Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Insurace claim

• 15-06-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

OK heres my story,
    I had a Nokia 6310i and it got smashed by a concrete block after it fell on it.

I have homecare phone insurance on this, I have dropped this phone into my local Vodafone store and they sent it away for assement , I got a call from them today saying that they had the phone back and the report has said it was water damaged

this phone was never near water and it was totally smashed by the block, now they are saying that the insurance wont pay out as it dosent cover water damage

What are my rights in this case, or do I have any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Firstly, homecare and Vodafone stores don't mix. I presure you are talking about the insurance offered by the Carphone Warehouse or someone other agent store?

Secondly, with water damage you may be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

surely they can leave the "water damage" intact, and just repair the concrete block damage? ;)

Advertisement