Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Hotmail account overloading in past hour!

Options
  • 15-06-2004 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

In the last hour, I've received a staggering 70-80 junk emails from MAILER-DAEMON@eircom.net and their still coming. What should I do? This is my personal hotmail account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

Hi there -
    Not sure what you can do about this. Are the messages coming back to you as undeliverable? (as if you had sent them). Do they have attachments?

I have noticed a lot of similar messages coming from people with eircom net accounts with attachments (usually 42k in size). It would appear that their computers are infected with a virus which is sending itself to all addresses in their address book.

It is quite annoying - funny that it only seems to be coming from eircom net accounts.

Dorry I cannot shed any light on it - anybody know what is going on?
    HD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Options > Mail > Block Senders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

for free email acc's i'd like to recommend www.spymac.com you get 1gb of storage, 250mb of picture gallery storage and 100mb of webspace storage. accessible through ftp. You can use your own mail client to access the email (pop).

name@spymac.com and http addresses are name.spymac.com

it's a pretty good service for free.

Advertisement