Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Leather chair from Viking €49.99c ?.

• 15-06-2004 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Viking are offering a budget priced black leather faced high back chair with height & tilt controls for €49.99c + VAT.

www.vikingdirect.ie/

Stock number:- QD7-MATRIX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

have you got one? what's it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Think thats the same one i have. Great chair i must say. Its a little hard at first but after a while it gets better............. PS think these were €40 +vat a while back (not 100%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

looks good how much would postage cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

5 yo yos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

RobertFoster,

Yes, I have one. Got it some time ago, I think I paid a lot more for it. Excellent value.

You can see it online, if you click on the link, and type in the search window QD7-MATRIX. Viking have a 30 day [no quibble] returns & full refund policy. In case you do not like it !.

Kazu,

Anyone spending €60 or more with Viking. Get 'Free delivery' ;) Click on the link and check out their terms. I usually buy a box of 'Bic pens' as well just to make up the order value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

just ordered one works out €66.54 incl. vat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Does anybody get their really cheap sales catalogues every month? I used to get them (I think they were YD1- codes, not too sure) but they just stopped sending them. They usually worked out about 15-20% cheaper than the GD7- catalogue and they usually had some pretty good free-gifts - I got one of those black/white portable tv/radio things before, they're €40 in shops. Can anybody confirm what their current code is for sales-catalgoues?

Yes, they still send me their supplementary Sales/Special offers catalogues. Thats what alerted me to the bargain chair, highlighted on the cover of their June/July SALE ! Catalogue.

Viking do a range of regular supplements/catalogues, they do -not- have a specific code, simply names i.e Sales, Office equipment, hardware, etc.

You can look up their latest 'Special offers' online at www.vikingdirect.ie/
    or simply give them a ring on 'Freephone' 1800-709004 and request that they send you out the Sale supplements.

The reason they still send them out to me is because I run a voluntary non-profit community development organisation, and we have had an 'active' credit account with them for about 9 years.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Viking do a range of regular supplements/catalogues, they do -not- have a specific code, simply names i.e Sales, Office equipment, hardware, etc.

I know they have a range of catalogues - and they do have codes. Look at a few different catalogues (the general catalogue is GD3 or something, the sale ones have various codes - usually the cheapest one is YD1 - the codes can be found on the order numbers for each product - there's a three digit code, and then the product number). Each catalogue has different prices - eg, the paper supplies in the paper supply sale catalogue will be cheaper than in the general catalogue, but more expensive than in the general sale catalogue. There are two general sale catalogues - one is sent to existing customers, the other to potential customers who have never placed an order. Generally the catalogue for potential customers is *a lot* cheaper than any of the other catalogues, but they stop sending them out to you after a certain period (usually a few years, maybe 1-2). I have an active credit account with them under a business name, which means I get the normal catalogues every month or so. But I used to have another unactivated account with them, which meant I would get the "potential customer" sale catalogue - the cheap one with all the good free gifts. Sadly, they stopped sending it out. So now, I'm looking for the codes they use so I can still get the cheap stuff, without the catalogues. Bit of a long explanation, but they do actually have alot of different general sale catalogues, all of which have codes.

If you look at the bck of the catalogue, where they print your address, you should see that there's a code there that matches the code before all the order numbers. And yes, I realise how pathetic it is to have figured all this out. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Do they have anywhere in Dublin you can walk in and pick it up for that price?

• Advertisement

subway_ie,

So pick up the phone and talk to the nice girls at Viking :rolleyes:

So pick up the phone and talk to the nice girls at Viking :rolleyes:

Well I would, but what would I say to them? I want to cheat the system and get all your introductory rates even though I'm a customer for years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

If any of you have a UK viking account, you can get the 'director' leather chair for £49.99 (supposedly down from £300). Click here:

http://tinyurl.com/ywt3z

If you buy the chair, there's a free mini water dispenser with code:
    Y25-PRWATERDISP

Or a free Espresso machine with code:
    Y23-PRKAFFEE1

Or a free cooler rucksack with code:
    A26-PRCOOLER

Or a free picnic cooler bag with code:
    Y25-PRPICNIC

DirtyDog,

VikingDirects address is; Unit 35, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Blanchardstown, Dublin 11. Tel: 1800-709004.

Suggest you give them a ring to see 'if' you can collect. Although they deliver free!.

subway_ie,

Exactly, yes ;) It's no skin off their nose, a small profit is better than no profit ! .

Thats business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Thanks Paddy....

ChipZilla,

Holy Moses ?, That one looks even better , It looks more comfy and roomy. How did you find out about that real steal of a deal ?... :confused:

Oh, oh, just noticed that the Directors chair price is in Sterling £49.99c + VAT :eek: Still a bargain though. Maybe I missed it as I only look at their Irish website. Wonder if its available in Ireland, as I note your link takes me to their British based website ?..

Silly me, Paddy hits himself on head :dunno: *Just checked and no such chair or product code number is available on their Irish website, as yet!. Damn it to hell.

Wonder if its available in Ireland, as I note your link takes me to their British based website ?..

You'd need to ring them up, or trawl through their website. The codes they use are totally different to the irish ones.

The same chair is on the German site for the same price , I found a cheap code - YD3. If you're ordering anything online, just replace the first three digits of the order number with "YD3" and you should see some savings.

I just got a new version of the cheap catalogue in the post this morning - the codes are all YD5 - and it's got the Budget High-Back Leather Chair - order code YD5-MATRIX. You can also get a free mini-water dispenser, order code YD5-PRWATERDISP.

• Advertisement

Well then, did you ring them up for it ??.. . If not how did you get this " New version of the cheap catalogue " - please :p

Well then, did you ring them up for it ??.. . If not how did you get this " New version of the cheap catalogue " - please :p

No, I didn't ring them up. It just arrived with the rest of the post this morning, bit of a coincidence really. I thought they had just taken me off their mailing list, but it seems like the cheap sale catalogues for new customers have a long "shelf life" - it doesn't expire untill 29th August, so they probably won't send out another one until then.

A word of warning though, regarding the promotional water dispenser:
    "Unite includes dispenser and water drum - EXCLUDES WATER" :rolleyes:

I'm just putting in an order on a new account I created. I'm getting:
    Free mini water-dispenser with code:
    Y25-PRWATERDISP

Free Espresso machine with code:
    Y23-PRKAFFEE1

Free cooler rucksack with code:
    A26-PRCOOLER

Free picnic cooler bag with code:
    Y25-PRPICNIC

Free Radio with code:
    QD7-PRRADIOCLCK

And all I'm buying is 3 ink cartridges, 3 boxes of labels and 5 reams of paper. €98. That's usually the price for just the ink cartridges. The free gifts will probably be a load of crap, but I'm obsessed with them.

ChipZilla,

Holy Moses ?, That one looks even better , It looks more comfy and roomy. How did you find out about that real steal of a deal ?... :confused:

Oh, oh, just noticed that the Directors chair price is in Sterling £49.99c + VAT :eek: Still a bargain though. Maybe I missed it as I only look at their Irish website. Wonder if its available in Ireland, as I note your link takes me to their British based website ?..

Silly me, Paddy hits himself on head :dunno: *Just checked and no such chair or product code number is available on their Irish website, as yet!. Damn it to hell.

I found the link on another board somewhere. Funny thing is the code doesn't seem to exist if you search for it from the main page - I dunno how it was found, but it does exist. ;) If you don't have a UK account, you can still phone them and order it that way...

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    I found the link on another board somewhere. Funny thing is the code doesn't seem to exist if you search for it from the main page - I dunno how it was found, but it does exist. ;) If you don't have a UK account, you can still phone them and order it that way...

Just enter the YD5-MATRIX code iin the "Order By Catalogue Number" section.

Different chair boss. :D I was on about the UK site and a different chair:

DIRECTOR_sk_lg.jpg

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    Different chair boss. :D I was on about the UK site and a different chair:

DIRECTOR_sk_lg.jpg

That's weird... pracitcally the same codes, totally different product.

ChipZilla,

Sure is, and the product code number starting YD5 - posted by 'subway_ie, means nothing on the Viking Ireland website. ?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Can a normal Joe soap like me order from these guys, it says they are suppliers to business ?
    And who do they use for delivery ?

• Advertisement

ChipZilla,

Sure is, and the product code number starting YD5 - posted by 'subway_ie, means nothing on the Viking Ireland website. ?..

Yep, that's why I said that if anybody had a UK account (somebody in the north or someone who used to live in the UK) they could get a far better chair for a few quid more. The codes are different in each country, and don't always work in other countries. The german viking-direct site has great bargains as well, but phoning them up is a problem unless you're handy at speaking german.. Anyway, I've ordered one this evening - I'll let ye know if it ever turns up...

Advertisement