Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Leather chair from Viking €49.99c ?.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

My god i love this chair. Arrived today and i just dont want to get up :)
    Delivery was swift and sweet
    Just make up a funny name for your business and away you go.
    Thanks paddy20. Your a star bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

There really is 'no need' to make up a business name, as Vikingdirect supply to friends of mine at their home address's. You can simply use your own name and they should open an 30 Day credit account for you immediately. If you really want an account. (Many Self-employed) people now work from home.

Or if you have a credit card. You can pay upfront by phone, and if you do not like anything from them, they will even collect and refund in full, as long as you let them know within 30 Days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Paddy20
    ...Or if you have a credit card. You can pay upfront by phone, and if you do not like anything from them, they will even collect and refund in full, as long as you let them know within 30 Days.

They could teach some of the more established office suppliers a thing or two on
    customer service from the sounds of it.. Might give them a try..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Got that leather chair last year for €66 including VAT and delivery

Oh and yeah got a portable television with that and a huge box of biscuits and a box of 500 (!) teabags all for free :eek:

BTW chair is decent build quality but hard

Viking are using this deal (and others) as major loss-leaders

They hope to recuperate the loss from follow-up orders you make after seeing their latest brochure that will drop on your doormat every month forever after :rolleyes:

I ain't entertaining that, but got a grand wee bit of a bargain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Viking are using this deal (and others)

which are?
    Its the forum for it after all. They have won my custom anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just keep checking their website and this forum of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I went for the next chair up - 78 euro ex vat. It did not arrive the day after but it landed today. I'll let ye know if it's as good as I expect it to be!

TTFN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's such a lovely chair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Well, after assembling the chair and admiring it for all of two minutes I noticed a tear in the leather at the top. I was quite dissapointed but when I called them this morning, they arranged a replacement to be delivered tomorrow and a chair box for me to put the faulty one in for return.

I found that to be very positive customer service the likes of which I really don't see these days!

Good job.
    Cheerio

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kramxw

Email sent to Viking this morning.......enjoy, so stupid its funny :D and no its not a wind up.
    Placed the order above last Thursday June 24th for next day delivery, Friday June 25th. No sign of goods, notified helpline 10:00 a.m. June 30th that goods had not arrived.

Received phone call at 10:30 June 30th from the local bicycle shop that a box had arrived that moring, and could I collect. If they were unable to find the address, the courier company made no attempt to contact me . Box contained 2 of the 3 items ordered, but no chair.

Understand that Viking contract out delivery to couriers, but apalling service has been provided in this instance. Have again contacted the helpline at 12:15 today, but not confident that I am going to get my chair, apparently this has been delivered and signed for by someone at some other address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Oh yeah, My chair turned up from Viking UK last week :p Very good value for STG£48.

Advertisement