Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bradshaw Situation

• 16-06-2004 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

What do you think the WWE should do to Bradshaw after the recent "unpleasentness" following the Heil Hitler Gesture he made in Munich?

What should Bradshaws punishment be? 17 votes

He Should Be Fired
    0% 0 votes
    He Should Apologise Publically
    52% 9 votes
    He Should Be Fined by Vince
    41% 7 votes
    He Should Be Taken Out Of Main Event Storylines And Let It Pass
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

What good would any of those things do? If he was going to be fired over it, he would have been already. He's a good heel (obviously), so let bygones be bygones. If he doesn't understand what the "limits" are, then he shouldn't be working. Besides, he's already been fired from his CNBC job (or whatever channel he was on), but I don't know if the two are related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Fireing him would be brash and idiotic.

This is a mans profession. Its his job, he needs money to live... I dont like him for what he said about his fans, what he did to kids when he was in high school, and i think his character is too weak to be in the main event. BUt the man made a mistake.

If WWE fire him, that would be totally unprofessional. In the end of the day, he was only doing his job. Hes a heel, if you havent noticed. Granded he did it in a stupid manner. I dont think it was ment as rasist. Its like if I filled out an order on a stock shortage sheet and sent it to a music distribution company, I would get a bollocking from my boss, and it would piss off the relivent compnay, but I wouldnt be fired.

He will be out of the main event in 2 months. Im not worried about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Originally posted by Hanza
    In the intrest of fairness. I hope he gets fired for this. What a dik!

changed your tune :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Yeah, smart ass, I guess I did...

hehe...... nice comeback

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Yeah, I don't think he should be fired, I've never had a problem with him and I think him being fired from CNBC was actually because of the incident, he only got the job a couple of weeks ago.. I actually do think he should be in the Main Event but removed after the next P.P.V he was a decent stand in but its time to step others up into the Main stage...John Cena (if he were heel) ..Big Show (if he were there)...who does that leave!?

They'll probably push Booker T just because they don't really have any other main eventer heels. Unless they turn a face. Undertaker, perhaps (especially with the Heyman angle)? Or else they'll recruit someone from RAW. I really can't figure out who will be the next main event heel. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

I dont think he should be fired for it as Vince probably knew he was goig to do it before hand, they probably didnt relize how bad of an idea it was and that the reaction would be this bad, as for him being taken out of the main event no i dont think he should he has so much heel heat now it can only help with the match and eddie if he wins, There are rumors that the undertaker is going to get another run as the main challanger to the title possibly as a heel or just under the control of heyman but doesnt like doing it but who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

so what .... he used the nazi salute to get heat ..... happened in front of a couple of thousand germans .... it worked .... germans were a bit insulted? ... so what? ... don't take life so seriously

bradshaw's being doing a good job as the top heel, although it does seem to sicken some people to admit it ..... doubtful if it had been triple H who had done it people would be calling for him to be sacked or taken away from main event feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I wonder what the reaction would be if he had made jokes about September 11th to get heat? Would he still be working for the WWE, I doubt it!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Cactus Col
    so what .... he used the nazi salute to get heat ..... happened in front of a couple of thousand germans .... it worked .... germans were a bit insulted? ... so what? ... don't take life so seriously

thats a rediculous stance tbh.

in germany of all places this shouldnt have happened. how would you feel if members of your family were killed in the holocaust, and you take your kids to see wrestling and you see this. should you still lighten up?

or for that matter what if members of your family were nazi's back in the day. im sure you wouldnt want to be reminded of it by some idiot whos objective is to "get heat"

what cruiserweight said sums it up. some things are crossing the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

in germany of all places this shouldnt have happened. how would you feel if members of your family were killed in the holocaust, and you take your kids to see wrestling and you see this. should you still lighten up?

.... or I could imagine I was an english kid on holiday in ireland going to watch the tour of defiance in the point ... imagine how much fun it would be to watch Chris Benoit call Triple H an english man and how the audience reacts to it ...

except Benoit wasn't exploiting a hateful stereotype to get heat ... to become more disliked ... he was doing it to get the audience more on his side ....

is this not the same as calling triple h a black man in alabama? ....

think triple h called us potatoe eaters ... or something along those lines ... which is ultimately this relates to the potato famine ... how many people died there?. ... how many people left the country? population reduced by half?

point is ..... these things are done for a reason .... to get heat ... which he did ....

.... or I could imagine I was an english kid on holiday in ireland going to watch the tour of defiance in the point ... imagine how much fun it would be to watch Chris Benoit call Triple H an english man and how the audience reacts to it ...

except Benoit wasn't exploiting a hateful stereotype to get heat ... to become more disliked ... he was doing it to get the audience more on his side ....

is this not the same as calling triple h a black man in alabama? ....

think triple h called us potatoe eaters ... or something along those lines ... which is ultimately this relates to the potato famine ... how many people died there?. ... how many people left the country? population reduced by half?

point is ..... these things are done for a reason .... to get heat ... which he did ....

those scenarios are differant for several reasons, the most prominent of which is that its illegal to do nazi salutes in germany, something to do with inciting racial hatred. he could, legitimately, have caused a riot.

again i repeat there would most likely have been people at that show who were only 1 generation removed from the atrocities of the holocaust.

mammy, whats that man doing?
    oh hes impersonating one of the men who killed granddad, but its ok, hes only doing it to draw heat.

mammy, whats that man doing?

he's calling the other man english, because we hate the english and wish they were dead

don't think we're even one generation removed from the ira planting bombs ... are we?

did you take on board any of what was said in the last few posts?
    you've completely ignored the facts i asked about.
    1. what bradshaw did was illegal.
    2. he could have caused a riot.
    3. how would you have felt if you were at that show and were jewish/had a relative killed in the holocaust/ had a relative who was a nazi?

not every irish person hates the english, if you were english and in the crowd when that happened, then yes it was pretty ****ty but its just not on the same level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

he's calling the other man english, because we hate the english and wish they were dead

don't think we're even one generation removed from the ira planting bombs ... are we?

Only the narrow-minded Irish people can hate the English for what happened centuries ago. It's ridiculous to hate all English people just like that.

The thing with the IRA bombing situation is: 1)do you really think a wrestler would come over here and say something about how he's glad people were killed by the IRA? (Ok, so Bradshaw might). 2)Some people might only be one generation removed, but the majority were not affected greatly by the bombings, myself included. Sure, my parents would have read about it, and maybe become slightly worried, but their lives continued as normal. But in Germany, pretty much everyone in the country was affected by what happened there, not to speak of most of the world too. 3)Most obvious point, Bradshaw broke the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Have any of you noticed the odd way the WWE are handling the situation on-screen. They appear to be incorporating it into the current storyline to some extent. However they say that CNBC fired him for being a 'loudmouth wrestler'!!!
    They conveniently left out the whole nazi thing which is of course the main issue, a cop-out methinks.

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Have any of you noticed the odd way the WWE are handling the situation on-screen. They appear to be incorporating it into the current storyline to some extent. However they say that CNBC fired him for being a 'loudmouth wrestler'!!!
    They conveniently left out the whole nazi thing which is of course the main issue, a cop-out methinks.

That's because being a nazi-sympathizer in America only brings you closer to the KKK, racist skinheads, etc., and I don't think that's the crowd Vince or the rest want to be associated with. Racism is such a touchy issue over here (as with almost anywhere, I assume). If Bradshaw came out and said he was openly racist, there would be protests, boycots, and (depending on the WWE's stance & if it was a storyline or not) they might possibly be dropped by some networks. Most everybody in the US are too sensitve when it comes to this sort of thing, nobody wants to hurt anybody else's feelings. Bradshaw might throw nazi salutes in Germany, but I can almost guarantee that he'd never do it on US national tv. And you'll never hear him make racist slurs. Imagine the outrage here if he called Eddie a "beaner" or a "wetback". The Hispanic population is the largest growing minority in the US. I think 25-30% (or more, I don't know the exact #) of the total populace. If that happened, I can't even guess at the kind of reaction, but I assume the worst (no more televised WWE & numerous lawsuits, among other things), but who knows.
    Sorry this was so long winded,but like I said it's a touchy subject, and this might add some insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't believe that he or the WWE haven't had the decency to issue a proper apology. Would he go to New York and take the piss out of September 11th in order to generate heat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 5150

They did, they then took it back down less than four hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 5150

If WWE fire him, that would be totally unprofessional. In the end of the day, he was only doing his job. Hes a heel, if you havent noticed. Granded he did it in a stupid manner. I dont think it was ment as rasist. Its like if I filled out an order on a stock shortage sheet and sent it to a music distribution company, I would get a bollocking from my boss, and it would piss off the relivent compnay, but I wouldnt be fired.

If you were busted with drugs, or done for GBH to a co-worker, you#d probably be fired.

It's the same here, as doing the Nazi salute in Germany is actually illegal! He wasn't even repremanded by Vince and it would seriously jeprodise the WWE as a company from ever performing in that country again!

But then, Vince never was any good at looking in the long term.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well, here it is ladies and gents, the link to the unpleasentness.

I must say, it actually looks funny, what the hell was he thinking of.

I apologise for no sound.

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Movies/JBL%20Nazi%20walk.mov

and isnt it amazing what sound bites u get off the net. Apprarently this is a direct link to Bradshaws immediate reaction once he got backstage!!

Dont bother if u will be offended

1. what bradshaw did was illegal.
    Most obvious point, Bradshaw broke the law.

why was he not arrested? ... why were no charges brought against him?

is it because the German authorities have a better understanding of what he was trying to do then wrestling fans?

1)do you really think a wrestler would come over here and say something about how he's glad people were killed by the IRA? (Ok, so Bradshaw might). 2)Some people might only be one generation removed, but the majority were not affected greatly by the bombings, myself included. Sure, my parents would have read about it, and maybe become slightly worried, but their lives continued as normal

By calling Triple H an englishman Benoit was using a stereotypical view of the Irish's hatred of the English, supporting the view that we don't mind seeing them die

The IRA stopped it's terrorist activities in the nineties ... I do not know anyone who was killed ... however .... I do know that people were killed in the name of the people of Ireland, in essence in my name (and anyone else here in the republic), that I did not and do not support it is irrelevant, should I not be insulted when people remind me of it for the sake of entertainment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

How come theres no "nothing should be done" option in the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Because something should have been done...in the least a public apoligy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Says you

Advertisement