Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revised Euro 2004 predictions

• 16-06-2004 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

now that each and every one of the 16 competing teams have played a competitive game in Euro 2004, how would you go about ranking the teams from 1 to 16 based on their current form?

sportinglife.com has the following order in their Euro 2004 Analysis section of who is most likely winners of the tournament based on the the games played so far (they also have reasons and comments but go to their site for all that):

1 France
    2 Sweden
    3 England
    4 Spain
    5 Czech Republic
    6 Germany
    7 Denmark
    8 Greece
    9 Italy
    10 Holland
    11 Portugal
    12 Latvia
    13 Russia
    14 Switzerland
    15 Croatia
    16 Bulgaria

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm only gonna do the top 4 as I see it.. anything below that is irrelevent :)

France
    Czech Rep
    Sweden
    England

/me shrugs.. I don't think Italy will do anything noticeable, I dont think Germany or Holland will get much farther than the group stages either.. pessimist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I reckon France or Spain.
    As for my third choice I'll go with Sweden mostly because Larsson looks like he may well get top scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Ste-
    I reckon France or Spain.
    As for my third choice I'll go with Sweden mostly because Larsson looks like he may well get top scorer.

Doubt Sweden will get out of group if play that badly again Danes and itlay will thump them.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

France to win it,

Sweden defintely not.

England, looked decent enough but nothing special, they will get to semi or just out of their group.

Germany probably get to the final since they have a BRILLIANT system. Proper planning etc

Spain, to collapse at some point. deftinely not get to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Doubt Sweden will get out of group if play that badly again Danes and itlay will thump them.

kdjac

Sweden won't play that badly against Italy and especially not Denmark. when they played against Bulgaria they took it quite easy the first half hour in which they made a a lot of mistakes, gave up possession etc. - i felt that they thought Bulgaria would be an easy match and they didn't have to work for it.

on the other hand, if Italy played as bad as they did against Denmark, they won't be getting out of the group considering they have Sweden to play on Friday, and Sweden has much the same footballing style and tradition of Denmark as they're both Scandinavian sides, but more skilled players in midfield and up front in the likes of Ljungberg, Larsson and Ibrahimovic that'll make the difference between drawing with Italy and beating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by KdjaC

kdjac
    Pfft. Italy were poor vs the Danes, only two real chances, and Sorenson was bloody marvellous that game.

Advertisement