Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game 1 over ,whos the player you want?

• 16-06-2004 8:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

After the 1st games ,what player do you want in your club team?
    This always fun try answer before they play again :D

As a Pats fan gladly take anyone but Martin/Marian/Marlon Petrov of Bulgaria has impressed me the most, direct, quick ,2 footed and always wanting to go forward (unless 5-0 down the he cba).

2nd woud Sweinsteiger young lad for germany only played a few minutes but looked good.

Kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Was impressed with Kuranya(sp) - would like to see what he could do with a partner.

Pleasantly surprised at Poborsky - always thought he was half decent and would have done well at United with a few breaks.

Didn't see enough of Schweinsteiger to judge but was exellent on what I saw.

Rooney was very direct - suspect temprament though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I was very impressed with torres when he came on for spain in their first game.

I would like to see him play a fulll game but from the bit he played he looked like a quality striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Rooney! although it is hard 4 me 2 say it I think he has looked the most impressive player so far!!! was great in the France game

Also maybe the German forward....Krynai or something.....looked a decent player!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I was very impressed with both Torres and Schweinsteiger.

Both only had bit part games but were outstanding when they came on
    There is nothin better than seeing players run at defenders

both very young but definitely ones for the future

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Larsson or Ballack :P

... or Ledley King, wouldn't be bad backup for Kolo Toure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That Bulgarian left winger Kdjac mentioned looks amazing. Kim Kallstrom, Ibrahimovic and Wilhelmsson looked impressive for Sweden.

Apart from that I haven't noticed anyone threatening to make a name for themself.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

from what Ive seen of Sorensen I'm impressed. He pulled off a few great saves against Italy.
    Kim kallstrom also looks to be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You do realise whoever you nominate in this post ,we have consigned them to career threatening injuries or dramatic loss of form.

thats why you post before the next game :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Ballack looked incredible last night. Best I've ever seen him play. I wonder has his form been similar lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by The Clown Man
    Ballack looked incredible last night. Best I've ever seen him play. I wonder has his form been similar lately?

Think he had a bit of a terrible season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ballack and Sweinsteiger (which is Pig Climber, in english, apparently - the dirty fecker) were both excellent. I'd imagine Sweinsteiger will be on his way somewhere this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Zidanes the man, as for young fellas Torres and Mary Petrov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by yom 1
    Torres ... definitely ones for the future
    Believe me, Torres would get into most top league teams now. He absolutely destroyed the Madrid defense when i saw him this season.

Schweinsteiger looks like just another Cristiano Ronaldo who took a year longer to break onto the seen.:)

Bayern didn't take long to sign Frings after yesterday's match, they got him for around €9mil. Ballack now looks certain to leave them and could go for as cheap as €10mil. Frings isn't a bad player to replace him though.:)

Lahm, at left back for Germany, looks a very good player too at the age of 20.

Van der Vaart hasn't impressed in his last 2 matches for Holland, he looks like he's finding international level a bit tough. Jonny Heitinga had a hard game yesterday but at the age of 20 he could turn out to be some player. I've never seen Robben play (other than a few minutes against Ireland which Giles decided to judge him on) but if he's behind Zenden and Overmars in the Dutch team I think Duff's position at Chelsea is safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ballack would have to be No1.

Oh and as goalkeepers go Tommy Sorenson has put on the best display so far, but we already have him so...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Zidane, Larsson and Ballack impressed me most, while the best goalkeeper by far goes to Thomas Sorensen of Denmark followed not too far behind by the Latvian goalkeeper Aleksandrs Kolinko and also Oliver Kahn of Germany.

a lot of people are mentioning Sweinsteiger, who i saw play and impressed me with his speed and agility, however he was only on for 10-15 minutes at the end and this is not enough time on the pitch for me to warrant rating him as the next Zidane imo. in fact, coming on in the last 10-15 minutes every substitute is going to be faster, have a quicker reaction and more on the ball, mainly because they are fresh and not tired like almost everyone else on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He was been consistant all season for Bayern. One of their few shining lights if you will during a bad season for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ballack, Kirrany???, Torres, and Rooney are the names that hit me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Dellas , Cannovaro , Nesta, Martin Laursen , Puyol , Henrik Larrason , Karl Poborsky , are ones that have impressed me a lot . Sorenson has been great in goal but Shay Givcen will have to do for now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Ballack and Sweinsteiger (which is Pig Climber, in english, apparently - the dirty fecker) were both excellent. I'd imagine Sweinsteiger will be on his way somewhere this summer.

They(commentaters) said he plays for Munich , did they mean Bayern or 1860 , because if its bayern he will probably stay .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Doesnt Sweinie play for Bremen???

Just wont league methinks with them.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Schweinsteiger plays for Bayern Munchen

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lads you've seen him play once, true he looks like an excellent player but then again el hadji diouf was outstanding in 2002 hasnt done it in the premiership. the spanish midfielder Etxeberria has played some excellent football wouldn't mind him at LFC.

Advertisement