Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to play rock the Classic Way?

Options
  • 16-06-2004 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am a Rock/Alt Fan but have started taking lessons for classic guitar, I do like classical music but doesn't give me the same buzz as rock. I was just wondering if anybody alse has gone this way when learning to play.

I have found that my playing has become more fluent in only two lessons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

your question would be better suited to the instruments board.

as for classical guitar, you can always use the great guitarist line -"well, I started on classical and then went onto ....." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yea, ive gone that way, although im out of practise now, but I did some spanish guitar in college, I think its an excelent way to go, it teaches real technique, something that will stand well to you for plucking material in rock songs. I just started playing electric guitar last year, and have just bought my own one(hasnt arrived yet), but I reckon getting some classical training is the way to go. You will find also that many of the great guitarists in metal bands have some form of classical training, its all about technique, and while im mostly crap myself, I can still see that its the most important thing, I guess that goes for everything really, not just music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Btw, 'wan FLCL nadir :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Aye some truely excellent guitarists played classic first, Randy Rhoade's being a prime example of how a classical guitar style can be used to play anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

Cheers for the feedback lads, had actually meant to post in the instrument forum not payin attention i guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement