Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDA Dial-up

Options
  • 16-06-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I've got a pda and a bluetooth enabled phone and I want to get on the net on the move. I've tried esats 1890 number. It dials fine but it doesn't finish the connection. On the mobile you can here a voice saying that this service is not enabled for mobiles.

Anyone know who supports this way of getting on the net?

Timeout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Did you get GPRS from your phone company, by any chance? It's a great way to get online with a mobile.

I haven't used normal dial-up on my PDA since I got GPRS, so I don't have any numbers I can recommend. Have you asked the phone company about it? I seem to remember O2 providing me with a dial-up number at one stage.

If you want a hand with GPRS settings, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can try Vodafone's dial-up number.

+353872292222
    username and password both 'dublin'
    Circuit type is ISDN.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by timeout
    Anyone know who supports this way of getting on the net?

Hi, have a read of this thread and then post in the Mobiles / PDAs forum and you'll get some help.

Depends which operator you are on, and then if you are post-pay / pre-pay as to which interent services are available to you.

BrianG

Advertisement