Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mentor router not working

• 16-06-2004 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

I got a mentor wireless router for the house, I was able to fully configure it and I can log into it from 2 pcs' with wireless network cards.

The router indicates that is is connected to eircom broadbang, however when I try to access the internet through it nothing will work.

When running the diagnostic tests it says that the dns is not configured, however I have put in the dns settings

Has anyone used these routers and come accross similar problems with them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Terra
    When running the diagnostic tests it says that the dns is not configured, however I have put in the dns settings
    if you ignore DNS altogether, does it work?

For example, point your browser at http://82.195.131.128 to access Boards without using DNS. If that works, then you just have to figure out how to get your DNS settings sorted out. If that doesn't work, then you may have your subnets set up wrong - does your router have any logging facility that would show inbound connections, or perhaps a Network Time tool that could tell you whether it's able to talk to the internet itself?

Advertisement