Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Axim X5 + Wireless problem

• 16-06-2004 5:09pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Got a Dell Axim X5 last week with a Truemobile 1180 wireless CF network card.
    The damned thing won't connect to my access point. It will connect and then disconnect within seconds. When I try and connect in the 'configure Wireless Networks' screen, it says 'connecting' and then goes back to 'available'.

Sometimes it claims to be connected and assigns itself an ip like 169.254.xxx.xxx.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and that seems to do nothing.

WEP is off on the AP.

What else can I try? A laptop with a wireless card connects fine to the AP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I got to play around with an X3i for a while but not an X5. One of the things you might try is to turn off DHCP on the AP and assign an ip address manually to the wireless card and AP. See if you can ping the AP with the handheld then.

Check that you have the latest rom upgrades for the handheld as I think there may have been some upgrades for the Axims in the recent past that might help with this.

Check out

http://www.aximsite.com/

For more help.

Advertisement