Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 3 date and time.

Options
  • 16-06-2004 5:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saturday 6:30pm my place.
    Most of you know where it is but if you dont, PM me and/or Amp for details and phone numbers.

Cash games will start about 7 I expect. Bring booze. Not you Henbane.

I will cook chilli for anyone who gives me a fiver, served to your seat. I need to know in advance about the chilli and if you dont order it, you can kiss off when you see how nice it is. :) (Chilli is one of the very few things I can cook but I've got it down reasonably well now).

My chillis are reasonably hot (not eye-watering but theres definitely chilli in there!) and stuffed with good stuff like corn niblets, mushrooms, red peppers and more so if you dont eat something particular (like you have some weird mushroom allergy) then let me know and I'll accomodate you.

Cash gamers are welcome to book chilli too, it gets better if left a while!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I don't even eat chilli, but he just makes it seem so tempting....

I take it chips and cards etc are not an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Ill bet a tenner at 2/3 that Dev's chilli is mingin!!!

:D

see ya Saturday (can you PM me addy please)

Karl.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Marq
    I don't even eat chilli, but he just makes it seem so tempting....

I take it chips and cards etc are not an issue?

Actually chips and cards would be a big help as we havent found a good source for them yet (still not wild about any sets I've seen except maybe Hyzephers).

I converted Amp to be a chili lover ... I'll take that bet! :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well you converted me to your chilli alright. I did actually have it occasionally before being exposed to your cullinary cornicopias.

I have assisted on these cooking ventures previously and am amazed at how so many tomato based products enter the mix and yet it doesn't taste all tomatoey.

Also featuring in this heat will be the Batflats legendary Over The Table camera (a web cam) and multiple displays showing the Level status (a poker clock on a tv and monitor).

We're like the Binions of the Bsop or something!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, we can put the link to the webcam here (its in your sig too isnt it? You're sig is like my bedroom, I know stuff it in there but I'm damned if I can find anything :) )

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yes, it's the one on the top line called ampcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I'll bring my chips and KEM cards so. mmm...Kem cards. My chips are quite similar to Ken's, think they're a bit easier for the old tricks though, or maybe I'm just used to them. nice satisfying thunk anyway. 500 in five colours (100, 150, 150, 50, 50), it's more than enough for 9 players at 3000 chips each

Cheers Marq!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm going through hot cash game action withdrawal but I'm at a wedding this Saturday so I'll have to wait a bit longer. Enjoy the chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry to dissapoint guys, but I wont be able to make the game...
    I hadn't figured on it starting so early.. It's my daughter's birthday party on Saturday, from around 2pm-5:30pm (out in Wicklow)..

So the earliest I could make it would be around 6:30pm, at which stage I reckon I'd be ante'ed out of it..

Sorry guys.. Was looking forward to betting 10euro on myself at 4/1 and cleaning up.. Chilli sounded good too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Mmmmm Chili - yup count me in for both food and hcga. Though i'm hoping i'll be already up when I arrive what with both Amp & Marq qualifying :)

We could put the time back, I just picked 4:00pm as a convenient time so we'd be finished by 7-8, if we started at 6:30 we'd be finished by 9:30, still plenty of time for cash fun.

Krusty, if you can see your way clear to making it by 6:30 I've no problem putting it back.

DeV.

I'll bow to the masses! If it's at 6:30pm I won't have any trouble making it...
    But if the concensus is a 4pm start, I'll beat you all next month.. :D

I am the masses. (actually noone else mentioned 4pm:)).

THIS HEAT IS NOW AT 6:30PM

DeV.

I actually said 4pm on that other thread. And I believe I said it before you did. BUT I'M SURE YOU THOUGHT OF IT FIRST! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p

Can one of you guys pm me an address/directions and a contact phone number?
    (as well as bank account details, mother's maiden name, and online passwords)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KevinR

Hi,

Can anyone PM me with address /directions for the game tonight?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Would it be o.k to come along for the Cash Games?

No. Absolutely not.

oh ok then.

DeV.

Samba, Kevin_R, Krusty... pm with address sent.
    Anyone else need it? I think the others have been to my place before...

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement