Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Talktime

Options
  • 16-06-2004 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

How does Eircom Talktime it stack up when compared to the other operators offerings (Esats is probably the nearest comparion)?

Wheres the catch in this one (apart from the fact that they will withdraw it once they have wiped out the competition no doubt).

Any opinions on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Had a chap call to the house flogging this yesterday and tbh it sounds quite good:-
    €29.99 for 300 mins national & 120mins phone a friend along with the line rental (which is currently 30 quid). We wouldn't really use more than this amount of minutes (afaik mobile calls are not included).
    What are the catches to this?
    I rang Esat BT (who my voice calls are currently with) and the sales agent spent the whole time telling me that they are cheaper for calls and didn't seem to listen to me when I was saying that I get the free calls with my rental.
    Does/will anyone offer something similar? Id rather cut off my arm that go back to €ircon but this sounds too good to miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gidotcom

Your line rental is normally every 2 months.
    If you switch to the new talktime then you pay the 30 quid <b>every</b> month!
    It's not a catch - just a bit confusing - it doesnt look as attractive when you multiply it by 2!!

> Had a chap call to the house flogging this yesterday and tbh it sounds quite good:-
    > €29.99 for 300 mins national & 120mins phone a friend along with the line rental
    >(which is currently 30 quid). We wouldn't really use more than this amount of >minutes (afaik mobile calls are not included).
    >What are the catches to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

i changed to this 2 months ago, but it takes 2 months to get running coz u pay for your line rental 2 months in advance!:mad: :mad:
    so i dont know how it compares yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

1891 internet calls are not included. I was on their old Bronze package for a while but I ditched it as I had to pay them money every month because I didn;t reach my minimum spend. My bill is about €110 every two months - made up mainly by line rental and internet access. It would be great to have broadband without the line rental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gidotcom

Try Irishbroadband!
    www.irishbroadband.ie
    You dont need a phoneline for them and they offer pretty good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Eircon deal might be good for a light phone user but the Esat BT unlimited local and national call package is much better for the heavy user.

seeing as nobody has really criticised it I think (aaaaaaaagggggggggggg) I may go back to €ircon as it will result in me saving (yes!) money on calls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

kbannon wrote:
    seeing as nobody has really criticised it I think (aaaaaaaagggggggggggg) I may go back to €ircon as it will result in me saving (yes!) money on calls

Ehh, read the post by Fungus! Esat are offering the following For €25 per month, you can call any Irish fixed line local and national (32 counties) phone number for up to an hour each call as many times as you like! That means you're saving €10 and getting a more minutes for your money.

Not only that but you can get broadband for €33 if you sign up to the above.

http://www.iol.ie/bundles/

I know their BB is cheaper than €ircons (which Im on) but the €25pm package from Esat is after line rental - €ircon's deal includes rental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement