Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Problems with IOL BB

• 16-06-2004 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I've had IOL Broadband since before Christmas and I've noticed that some sites don't seem to open right (like kontrband). Now any of the sites I really need seem fine, but you know how annoying it is when something doesn't seem to work and you don't know why.

My gut reaction is that it has something to do with MTU size.

Anyone else have similar problems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well decrease your MTU size in Windows to 1452 (or 1454 I'm not certain which is meant to be optimal) and see if after you re-start ALL your network connections (and windows) if it's still buggered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I thought of that - but the machine's directly connected through a USB modem rather than a router or standard network card, and I couldn't find the option to change the MTU size.

Ok - I reset the MTU via regedit and it still didn't work. Maybe be I'll try some more different sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Cheers Zoro - I'll give that a lash when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 the dead parrot

I had the same problem recently (hotmail and a few other sites were down but no others) I called tech support who said there was no problem with my connection, and after they had connected into my account the problem stopped. I know this my not help but though I would tell you.

Advertisement