Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain - Greece Result.

• 16-06-2004 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

1-1 Good game for Greece - they should progress now as Russia could well upset the applecart in an hour.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Great Result for Greece who will lead the group on goal difference heading into the last phase of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tragic for the Spanish really, they deserved the win for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Both played well ,think a draw was suitable.

But the group is now
    Greece 4
    Spain 4
    Russia 0
    portugal 0

Why were the spanish celebrating so much at final whistle?
    I know 4 pts pretty enusres you get tru but thats after 2 games are played by all. 2 wins for portugal and a point for greece and spain out.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Spain should have won it.
    They dominated throughout the match.
    Raul should have scored that free header, and lack of concentration from Raul Bravo and Helguera allowed the Greeks in to score. Poxy Real Madrid players.

Joaquin was great when he came on, I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Spain were good but it didn't look like they were too desperate to win the game. Jaoquin on the right of midfield was fantastic, he gave the Greek rightback an awful time. Puyol played awful in the second half, stop his attacking runs completely. Torres was a little disapointing, I guess he didn't have much time to prove himself though. That group is panning out to be a three horse race with the Greeks in the lead and what could be an easy game against Russia.

For the next game Spain would want to leave Extebre off and keep Jaoquin on, his crosses to Morientes and runs will create havoc in a dodgy Portuguese defence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement