Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!!!!!!!!!!Come on in Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2004 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

What was eveyones Topic for LC History

I just wanted to get a nice D3 and choose "The 1916 Rising"

Only I couldnt remember it so i did " The Fate of Europes treasures in the wake of world war 2"

:o

Herr Krupp Of Essen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

I did Rasputin: Misunderstood Peasant or Devil in the Flesh. So glad I did a topic, coukld easily have answered the others but was so nice just starting off with it. Lovely European Qs all over I thought, nice paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Heydrich - Hitler's most evil henchman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

Had one on the Nuremberg Trials prepared but chose the essay on Stalin on the day instead of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Anybody else find the thread title a bit... weird?

Yep it is a bit odd, curiosity gets the better of you though and you gotta click the link. Suppose that's why he chose it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

damn, and to think i thought there'd be girls here... we were TRICKED i tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    damn, and to think i thought there'd be girls here... we were TRICKED i tell you!

My thoughts exactly. It was quite cunning though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

'The July Plot: An Honourable Endeavour'

I continue the traditional line of my brothers' works including:
    'The Influences of Michael Collins'
    and the classic
    'Hitler's Positive Legacy: The Volkswagen Beatle'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Originally posted by Angry Banana

'Hitler's Positive Legacy: The Volkswagen Beatle'

Heh... He wasn't all bad. History's been hard on the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I did mine on the developments of weaponry in WW1.
    And it came up as an essay alternative to the special study.
    Argh!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by snickerpuss
    I did mine on the developments of weaponry in WW1.
    And it came up as an essay alternative to the special study.
    Argh!

Isn't that good though? You could do a perfectly constructed special topic under the essay title, saving yourself 10 mins by not having to do the questions, and virtually guaranteeing yourself 80 marks in that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Isn't that good though? You could do a perfectly constructed special topic under the essay title, saving yourself 10 mins by not having to do the questions, and virtually guaranteeing yourself 80 marks in that section.
    If you use the same info that you use in your special topic in another question, you lose a ton of marks (as far as i know). So no, it most definately is NOT a good thing.

As it was an essay alternative to the special topic, he wouldn't be using it twice - he'd just be putting his essay underneath the alternative title instead of special topic, not using the information in another section. Dunno, just seems to me that by doing that, you'd have more chance of maximising marks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i did

"what did you do during the war auntie?"
    BBC During the second world war,

the stalin question looked really nice, if you had no special topic prepared.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The First Morroccan Crisis-A Prelude To War

Advertisement