Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard modding

Options
  • 16-06-2004 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

I though some of you other modders might find a mod i did on an old socket A motherboard today interesting. I decided to take out the Intel AGP chip from the mobo and make it into a key ring.

seven.jpg

You can see a few other pictures here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

What went so painfully wrong with the mobo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Nothing really. It was problably still in fully working order until i smacked it with a spade a couple of times and cut a few slits into the side with some hedge trimmers.

It was just an old PII mobo, i have another couple about somewhere in this room. I just got bored with it and decided to turn it into a keyring i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Good job, I used to have a simm as a keyring, but it was a bit big.. Must look into doing something like that, plenty of dead motherboards around here. Some very high precision spade smashing there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

dont most chips have nasty chemicals in them that you definitely would not want to be breathinh as you drill a hole in them???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by BigEejit
    dont most chips have nasty chemicals in them that you definitely would not want to be breathinh as you drill a hole in them???

I hope not. But at least it was kinda windy at the time so it all blew away. I still think any damage I might have got was worth it. My keys are the ones with the working "Intel AGPset" chip on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lol, I remember a slightly more expensive one many years ago when I broke a pin off a socket 370 PIII 1.0Ghz, I believe mayordenis aka renton still has they keyring :)
    nice job! Might satisfying smashing computer things isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

thats very cool, i mite do that, i remember seeing on some program i think it was the tribe were this dude had a gold plated cpu on kis keyring, something similar to you and very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Apparently Intel fecked a batch of chips a couple of years ago, and had them all turned in to Keyrings with a message to the affect, We make processers not keyrings or something like.This is 2nd hand info from a friend tho...

Advertisement