Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papst Or Enermax 120mm Fans

Options
  • 16-06-2004 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for 2 120mm case fans to replace the existing 120mm fan and a front inlet fan, for antec sonata case.

I want to keep the case as quiet as possible but still have plenty of air going trough the case.

I like the way the Enermax has the fan controler but i gues i can always get one for the Papst anyway.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Id personally go for the Papst. Why do you need two? The one thats in the case is extremely quiet when hooked up to the "fan only" connector on the PSU. It runs the fans according to how much load is on the machine.............. which is generally running the fans at 5v or less................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    The one thats in the case is extremely quiet when hooked up to the "fan only" connector on the PSU. It runs the fans according to how much load is on the machine.............. which is generally running the fans at 5v or less................
    It is on the fan only connector but i'm not sure if the psu adjusts the speed at all (i know it should but never noticed it when prime was running) and for that reason i'd like to have the fan controler and 2 of the same fans.
    Found this today while browsing at work, do you know if they are available from a irish retailer?
    Getting some idea's for the case and was thinking of putting a 3rd fans some where in the sonata for a little extra cooling.
    cheers,
    jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Must say ive never heard of those fans at all. There pretty expensive, the Papst with a nice little fan controller would have equal (or mabye less) noise output IMO. Papst are made for quiet operation .

The 120mm fans move quite a bit of air, you might want to watch the thickness of the 120mm fan at the front......... think i remember something about it having to be slimmer or something!!

Advertisement