Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this weeks fixtures

• 16-06-2004 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Saturday 19th June 2004

Guinness All Ireland Hurling Qualifier
    Portlaoise 7.00pm: Laois v Westmeath (Winner enters Round 1 Qualifier)

sunday 18th

2004 GUINNESS LEINSTER SENIOR HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL
    Páirc an Chrócaigh 1.45 Offaly v Dublin

BANK OF IRELAND LEINSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL
    Páirc an Chrócaigh 3.45 Meath v Laois

BANK OF IRELAND CONNACHT SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL
    Carrick-on-Shannon 3.30 Leitrim v Roscommon

BANK OF IRELAND ULSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINAL
    Clones 2.15 Donegal v Tyrone

well what do ye think, should be few good games. Donegal/Tyrone Meath/Laois and the ros/leitrim should be a nice derby.

Hurling hardly gonna be much to shout about.
    My Predictions would be laois, offaly, laois, roscommon, tyrone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

oh yeah, what does everyone think about micko picking clancy at half-forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Laois have some of the best midfielders in the province. Now that the 3 of them are fully fit, there is really no way he could leave any of them out, so one has to be a square peg in a round hole. But the 3 of them will be around the centre of the field.

Meath have plenty of big men around the centre of the field, in Nigel Crawford, Anthony Moyles, Charles McCarthy, Niall Kelly and John Cullinane. 3 or maybe even 4 of those will play, all have the potential to be excellent, but to date Crawford is the only one to have done it at championship level, so on paper Laois should have the winning of midfield.

Meath's joker in the pack is Joe Sheridan. Supposed to have been brilliant in the league, he'll need to be that for Meath to prevail. Will also be very interesting to see if Geraghty is involved. He's had his suspension reduced from 12 months to 9 months but a Special Investigations Committee of the Meath County Board (I've never heard of one of them before :rolleyes:).

The reduction is just enough to mean he's available for Sunday - but all sides are denying the rumours that he's been training with the senior squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Offaly
    Laois
    Roscommon
    Tyrone - tight one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Well Offaly gave out a fair ould beating to the Dublin hurlers. Was hoping for a better performance from Dublin but still do not understand why they were playing two full championship matches in the spoace of the week. I am not saying that was the difference between the two sides, it clearly was not, but it certainly did not help. Congrats to Donegal on a fine performance. that is a great result for them but I iwll be surprised if they manage to do the same to Armagh. So Meath and Tyrone now enter the playoffs. What odds on Dublin v Meath in the next round of the qualifiers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hi

was in croker me-self.

offaly put in a good professional performance but I do not know if they will take Wexford in the Leinster Hurling Final.

The Laois-Meath was a good game (depending on who you supported of course). The first half was very even, Meath dominated midfield. But in the 2nd half, Laois really turned things around. Wolly had a brilliant game. All-in-all a very good game.

Laois needed to improve given their recent match against Carlow and did they ever!!

Westmeath-Wexford next weekend will be very interesting, very close to call. Any takers ?

--laoisfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

yeah I woukd take WestMeath in the Wexford game but only by a bouple of points, I would say more by wexford have the nack fo scoring goals ...or at least Mr Forde does.

Congrats fo Donegal, Offaly and Laois.

Dubs Vs the Kats in the Qualifiers.... I think the Dubs have a great chance of staying with in 10 points !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Woot!!

gwan the boys in blue and white :D

2 Leinster Finals in 2 years. good good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

DUBLIN manager Tommy Lyons has strengthened his hand ahead of the second round of the All-Ireland Qualifiers by recalling both Dessie Farrell and Ian Robertson to the squad this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

could a second half apperance from Dessie Prevent another Dublin collapse ?

Advertisement