Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech graphics

Options
  • 16-06-2004 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

I just thought it was wierd that there was no thread already, so heres one.

What questions are people doing? I'm doing 1, 2, 3, 5 and an option on 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

There is, I made one a few days back, but anyways I'm doing 1,2,3,5 with 4 as option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

can anybody explain aux vanishing points in perspective. The problem I have is when you have the plan of a shape that isn't a rectangle or something. It some weird shape and on that edge you have a surface thats inclined at some angle. I just dont know how to set up a aux vanishing point in that kind of situation

Well what I've learned is that you take the angle of slope and draw a line corresponding it in the VPL and then take the degree of the slope and draw it to the corresponding line in the VPL

I can't explain it properly, but if you have the solutions you'll see what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Read that

I know this is a triangle with rectanular base, but it should be the same for everything. Just look perpendicular to the base of the sirface, get your true angle, and continue as in the diagram.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

i'm doing 1,3,5 and 7. Was practicing there last night. Did a solids in contact question in 15 minutes. :) BRING IT ON!!!!!

(let's just hope they don't screw us over with impossible questions :|)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

solids in contact is a doddle.

Just one thing everyone should no. There are only 3 main things you have to remeber in tech, 3 things that will answer every question

1) LOOK PERPENDICULAR
    2) USE CONES
    3) ITS LOCI YOU IDIOT

Those 3 things, or a combination of em, will be in every question, so if you get stuck, think of the three rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'm doing 1, 3, 4 and 5. I've no other options on Paper 1 I'm not great at the other questions :( Here's hoping they aren't difficult. Good Luck all tech drawin heads.

It's probably a little late to ask, but how do you locate the loci of two solids in contact? It's the question in 1999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Q's 1,4 and 5 went fine. Most of the marks in the bag there but Q3 solids in contact caused me a bit of trouble.. Didn't realise you had to bi-sect the angles to get the centre point of the sphere until there was five minutes to go spent half an hour scratching my head, hadn't enough time to even start part (b) :mad: Couldn't get Q1 (c) out either.

Not really dissapointed though, interpenetration was straight forward and so was combined movements. I'd say I got around the 70% mark. Probably a little less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

2day went really well for me!
    i done Q's 1,2,4,6,and 7 and i was outte there with an hour to go!!!

hope 2moro goes just aswell...:)

• Advertisement

Today was hard-ish. The Solids in contact and Involute question caused me hassle. I actually forgot how to do an involute :dunno: Should have revised that this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Haven't really been doing much in Tech lately - TV taking up my drawing spot in my room. Just want a pass in this (doing Honours). Failed the mocks and the Christmas.

Q1 - Done a decent amount in this question. Finished it by 3.05pm.
    Q4 - Have never completed an interpenetration question in my life. Got this one looking finished by 4.20 (I took my time). All those lines are right headwrecking.

When I read the paper first, I marked Q1, 4, 6 and 7. Moved onto Q7 - Load of bollix. Spent about 20 minutes trying to figure it out, but I suppose I'll get an attempt mark.
    I'm usually decent enough at that question, had my mind wrecked after it though.

Attempted Q6 - Didnt get far - never have gotten far with those.

Went onto Q3 then - Solids in contact. Done a bit of that.

Hopefully, I'll get a decent mark from Q1 and 4, and get a decent attempt mark to give me a pass altogether from Q6, Q3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

twas a hard ol' test alright. I took I lot of thinking to get it right. The only place I screwd up was the cylinder in the solids in contact question. The area conversion was easy, although a few people, including a person who really needed a A1 in tech, didn;t realise that the angle for the pentagon was 108 degrees. If u didn't see that u were screwed

Advertisement