Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderbird 0.7 out now

Options
  • 16-06-2004 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Hot on the heels of the recent Firefox release, comes Thunderbird 0.7. :)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Are many people here using Thunderbird for email?

I forced myself to use it back at 0.1, and now I'd never go back to Outlook. The Junk Mail Controls are great, too, although I don't think it has as many nice features as Firefox does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can remember liking the old netscape 4.x mail client. Is it anyway along those lines? These days I use The Bat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FFS i only installed 6 other day.

Class program only downside is no hotmail support but a minor problem.

Get it when this thread is 2 pages long and everyone saying "great"

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Fantastic. Used it a bit b ack with 0.5 but never really got into it. Hoping this release should be better.

Only problem is how do you import emials from Outlook / .pst file? Ive tried to import from Outlook but i get errors and nothing get imported.

Any extension for it to allow you to import from a .pst or actually import from Outlook without errors? Was really looking forward to this after been a hard core firefox user for the past 6 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by Winters
    Any extension for it to allow you to import from a .pst or actually import from Outlook without errors? Was really looking forward to this after been a hard core firefox user for the past 6 months or so

Not sure about that. Try http://update.mozilla.org/ , it has extensions for Thunderbird as well as Firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There arnt many extensions out for Thunderbird. You can find majority of them here on the texturizer.net site.

I am still having my dammed import problems though. It will no longer even try and import my outlook emails. Just gives me errors saying the mailbox cannot be created.

Very annoying when I was looking forward to thunderbird 0.7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

0.6 imported fine for me ,just asked what version of outlook to import from took mails ,addres books and even drafts over.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I use Outlook

/cowers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks for that link, Winters.

There's some nice themes there too: http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/themes.html

Most of them are for pre-0.7 but they seem to work OK here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Im curently useing foxmail
    which matches in quite nicely with firefox :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement