Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Eircom Modem!

• 16-06-2004 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Wonder could anyone tell me what modem Eircom are shipping with their surf free for the summer offer, ordered last week but the lady did not really know, also she couldn't tell me when I should recieve it, i'm guessing anytime, she must have been new to the job.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,977 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Netopia Cayman 3300 Series.

It should arrive within a week but expect at least 2 - 3 weeks for your username and password to arrive.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,393 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thanks for posting back

The modems listed on the eircom website are

Netopia Cayman 3341 (Combi)
    Netopia Cayman 3346 (4 Port)
    Netopia Cayman 3347W (Wireless)

So is it lucky dip for whatever one i get?

Also she game me my username and password when I was ordering, but it seems to be a generic one for everyone, can you shed any light on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,977 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The modem you will be getting is the Netopia Cayman 3341 (Combi)

Had to check mine!

Pretty sure that everyone has a different username and password (as girlfriend ordered Broadband off Eircom 3 weeks ago and is still waiting for it - though she recieved the modem almost a fortnight ago).

The username and password which is entered just once (as far as i know) is basically the enable the modem to send / recieve and activate your subscription.

You can try and ring Eircom to get your username and password. Don't think they're actually supposed to give it out over the phone but i rang them a couple of times to say my username and password still hadn't arrived and they gave it to me on the phone.

Best of luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bobthebobbob

the username/pass on all the new eircom BB accounts is eircom/broadband1

there is no need to call them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

yeh for the home starter it is the netopia 3341 combi, for home plus its the Netopia 3346 and its the same for business starter+plus (both caymen 3346)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SolarSys

The reason eircom decided to go with the generic username and password option was because they changed their system over a couple of months back so that you get authenicated by whats called "CSI" which means Calling Station Line ID. Basically its Caller Line ID for broadband. You're authenicated at the exchange by the port number your connected on, so there no need for an individual user name and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SolarSys

Also, the modem that you get free is usually always the Netopia Cayman 3341 (Combi). If you want the Netopia Cayman 3346 (4 Port) or the Netopia Cayman 3347W (Wireless) you have to pay for them!!
    Just thought I'd let you know!

Advertisement