Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which subject did you screw up in?

Options
  • 17-06-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I think I only screwed only Biology, should be lucky to pass.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

oh yeah biology was a right bitch

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

none so far, cause i'm great.....

but i know i will fail classical studies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Only major screw-up was business and english - in business I did a question I didn't know anything about, when there was another question I could have done that would've been perfect. In english, I only revised dickinson...bitch. Apart from that, just small fúck ups in maths and obviously the french aural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Go Figure!

Originally posted by mayordenis
    oh yeah biology was a right bitch

Not much has changed then. When I did honours biology in 1998, people were coming out of the hall crying including myself because it was such a nightmare. I ended up failing it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

German

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

german is tomorrow! theres still time (or so i tell myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Geography, only had Spain divided into regions and other variants of Spain learned off and of course it didn't come up. Managed to squeeze some of the spain notes into the "primary industries" question but it wasn't a great answer. I'm terrible at Ordanance Survey also, never really score high on those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

FCUKED UP ACCOUNTING BIG TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

pass maths....
    how lame is that?
    numbers just ain't my thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Tech paper1: goodbye A1. Hello B1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I feel I could have done better in maths really...not so much that I screwed up its just that I've always been ****ty at trig and it featured reaaally heavily in differentiation/integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I could've done better in all of them with the minimum of effort.

English and Biology are the biggest let downs, my best subs throughout the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

Screwed up Irish paper 2 by only studying for about an hour the night before, and screwed up geography by choosing the wrong regions to study - italy, spain and normay. Gonna be disappointed with my points in August I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Probably Biology so far... although I know I could have done better than I have done in most of the subjects so far if I'd done even a bit of work during the last two years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

I bunged up Bizness and English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

English, Paper One.

Minor edit: forgot the French aural. Eesh, how could I forget that?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I've been lucky with papers so far. Only thing I ****ed up was the French aural, along with everyone else in the universe. Irish was pathetic actually, but I decided months ago I wasn't counting it.

Does anyone know what the actual answers to that horrible child ratification section on the french aural? I was on the second playthrough and the page was still nearly completely blank.

I wouldn't trust anyone really, given how hard it was, and given that I'd rather not bother counting all the wrong answers, when I know I did **** anyway. Post mortems are all well and good when you did alright, but I'd rather just forget about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I don't know where to begin. I think I've screwed up every paper in some way or another. Ah well, it's only the... Leaving Cert. Damn.
    Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Does anyone know what the actual answers to that horrible child ratification section on the french aural? I was on the second playthrough and the page was still nearly completely blank.

190 countries, French children can depend on their parents to provide for them up until they're 25, German kids sued for invasion of privacy and parents going through their rooms and such like, kids have the right to play and the right to health, third world kids are deprived of medical care and there was something about child soliders, apparently, and children have the right to be born free and equal. Didn't get half of that when I was doing the thing, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

French children can depend on their parents to provide for them up until they're 25

Was it 25? Dammit, I put down 18.

Twenty-five? Yikes, talk about freeloaders.

I put down 180 for the number of countries :( Maybe Discharger is right after all.

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    I put down 180 for the number of countries :(

Me too. And then everyone told me there was a 'dix' tagged on to the end of it. And I sighed. Stupid French.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by claire h
    Me too. And then everyone told me there was a 'dix' tagged on to the end of it. And I sighed. Stupid French.
    I got the 90 bit, but didn't hear the 100, I completely ****ed up my Aural, probably failed it.

[Edit]Er correction, I didn't **** it up, the fuzzy tape did, and the fact that when the superintendent noticed it was fuzzy she then proceeded to turn the volume too low[/EDIT]

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    [Edit]Er correction, I didn't **** it up, the fuzzy tape did, and the fact that when the superintendent noticed it was fuzzy she then proceeded to turn the volume too low[/EDIT]

Write a letter of complaint to the Chief French Examiner, State Examinations Commission, Cornamaddy, Athlone. But do it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Originally posted by Go Figure!
    Not much has changed then. When I did honours biology in 1998, people were coming out of the hall crying including myself because it was such a nightmare. I ended up failing it as well.

yeah that was a bitch of an exam in 98... i thought i had it nailed, but if i remember correctly, a guarenteed question that came up every year didnt come up and people went crazy over that...

i ended up getting a D, but what the hell.... its all over now thank god...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Bar french things have been okay. But only okay. Not great I don't think.

I'll let you know in a few months!

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Bar french things have been okay. But only okay. Not great I don't think.

I'll let you know in a few months!

Exactly two months today...

Originally posted by claire h
    Exactly two months today...

Only 61 days. 1457 hours. 87412 minutes.

• Advertisement

Can't wait to open that envelope. I'm gonna do it slowly, one subject at a time. My hands'll be shaking like mad I'd say. But they do that anyway.

Advertisement