Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which subject did you screw up in?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Damn vice-principal in our school has them all read beforehand, so there's no anticipation or anything opening the enveope... he tells you most of it before you get a chance. At least I'll be able to tell him to STFU, since I'm not in the school anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Aurals are stupid, if they want to keep it I think the board of education should shell out for a quality sound system in every exam hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

when the superintendent noticed it was fuzzy she then proceeded to turn the volume too low

why the **** arent they on cd now? the department would probably say that some schools cant afford cd players or some bolox. blanck cds are cheaper than blank tapes too.

anyway the exam i ****ed up was biology. damn over-confidence and lack of insight into new paper type :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

anyway the exam i ****ed up was biology. damn over-confidence and lack of insight into new paper type :/

you probably didnt do as bad as you thought ..you should have seen me --i wanted to fecking jump in a river after that exam--cos i studied like a MF despite being in a ****ty class with a crap teacher--but you know the way it is--you could do 10 leavings and get totally diff results....best way is to get to some alternate universe where you are doing a different exam structure or whatever--if only.

thats whaat i hate about this damn lc--makin me act neurotic....hmmm idea for a thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Physics-Im so ****ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Write a letter of complaint to the Chief French Examiner, State Examinations Commission, Cornamaddy, Athlone. But do it soon.
    I'm going to do that soon. Everyone who's tape was fuzzy should do the same please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mattg

Messed up Accounting, business(just a little), Maths(should have got an A1 in pass, but I know I didnt), and I will probably mess up Economics :dunno:

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    I'm going to do that soon. Everyone who's tape was fuzzy should do the same please!

Don't blame it on the "fuzzy tape". If that was the problem, then the superintendent should have written it on the exam scripts. The main problem was the delivery - the diction was terrible, mumbling, incoherent, too much details and information to pick the answer from. Time constraints, etc. Just don't blame it all on bad facilities.

Write a letter of complaint to the Chief French Examiner, State Examinations Commission, Cornamaddy, Athlone. But do it soon.

Can you do that for other subjects aswell? Like....history and or geography maybe?

Originally posted by senordingdong
    Can you do that for other subjects aswell? Like....history and or geography maybe?

Yeah, just replace "French" with "History"/"Geography". But like I said, do it soon. The marking scheme conferences should be coming up very soon ( in the next 1 - 2 weeks).

• Advertisement

But like I said, do it soon. The marking scheme conferences should be coming up very soon ( in the next 1 - 2 weeks).

Pfh...Ill need about a month to devise how i wish to complain. Jk.

Would i be correct in assuming that im to use my own name, and not my exam number?
    Also, i wanted to coplain that i am a slow writer and ended up having to leave out a question on each paper in order to keep my writing legible. Would that be taken seriosuly or just dismissed as bull****?

Originally posted by senordingdong
    Would i be correct in assuming that im to use my own name, and not my exam number?
    Also, i wanted to coplain that i am a slow writer and ended up having to leave out a question on each paper in order to keep my writing legible. Would that be taken seriosuly or just dismissed as bull****?

I just used my own name, didn't make any reference to exam numbers/centres/school or anything like that. I wouldn't mention the handwriting thing... that's a personal issue, not their problem - they can't make you write any faster. If they were to make the exam longer, then they'd have to add in more questions. When I mentioned "time constraints" I meant the speed of the speakers on the aural tape, not the actual lenght of time of the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Wow I made a really accurate prediction for German. I did so badly its not even funny. I'd take a D right now if I was offered. Thank god for science and maths though, I'd have a rubbish result otherwise

I I wouldn't mention the handwriting thing... that's a personal issue, not their problem - they can't make you write any faster. If they were to make the exam longer, then they'd have to add in more questions.

No i mean that we are expected to write too much (in history anyway) and the "average" student cant finish the paper in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Damn vice-principal in our school has them all read beforehand, so there's no anticipation or anything opening the enveope... he tells you most of it before you get a chance. At least I'll be able to tell him to STFU, since I'm not in the school anymore.
    Well why not just read your results online?

Originally posted by The Song Thrush
    Well why not just read your results online?

Isn't the whole point of doing it in school so that you can meet up with friends, lots of anticipation, general atmosphere, get some "closure" and all that? A bit more exciting then visiting examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Isn't the whole point of doing it in school so that you can meet up with friends, lots of anticipation, general atmosphere, get some "closure" and all that? A bit more exciting then visiting examinations.ie
    well if you don't get the points it won't be a good atmosphere. and you'd be spared the embarassment...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Song Thrush
    well if you don't get the points it won't be a good atmosphere. and you'd be spared the embarassment...:rolleyes:

Well for all they know I want to do an AQA course... so it doesn't really matter. As for embarrassment... I'm gonna get what I deserve, no reason to be embarrassed over that.

Advertisement