Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Movie Villian?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

cowman from might mouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kurtmark22

How can you talk about all time great movie villians & not mention Robert Mitchum?

Night of The Hunter & Cape Fear are 2 of the greatest 'bad guy' roles in movie history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Originally posted by Wacker
    You guys have all left out the greatest villain ever: Bennet from Commando!

Think about it: if it were any other actor, it would have been a crap movie. Instead, this fat Freddie Mercury villain turns it into the ultimate 'so bad its good' extravaganza.

Just remember the whole "I can kill you with a knife!" sequence, and the line "I'm not going to shoot you between the eyes John, I'm going to shoot you between the balls!"

I'll second that - any baddie that can walk through a metal detector without setting it off, in an airport, while wearing a chain-mail vest, has gotta be mean.

Bennet is also the best ever Gay / homosexual Villian in the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Al Pacino in the devil's advocate (the best satan ever in a movie followed closly by the bald girl in the passion of the christ)

Have to stop you there. The best satan ever (besides the one in southpark) is Robert DeNiro (Louis Cyphér) in Angel Heart (with mickey rourke). Thoroughly evil with his long hair and nails - that egg-eating scene is seriously scary sh1t.

Other bad-guy honourable mentions:

The baddy in Dune (Baron Harkonnen) Big fat floating sicko - pulling out people's "heart-plugs" and spitting on em - rotten.

the molten-metal terminator (t1000) in T2. He was a legend. I always reckoned he just loved being that cop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

The Black Riders in Bakshis animated LOTR.

Alan Rickman in Die Hard.

Robert Mitchum in Cape Fear, Night of the Hunter, and also as Dickinson in Dead Man

The Predator

The Queen Alien in Aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wrecked

kianto of battle royale anyone who can kill you cos you said silence and didnt listhen to him is f~#kin evil

also ompa lompas of charlie and the choclate factory freaky fu@ks how anyone calls that a "U" film with that in it is mad
    why? why would you be so cruel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Hannibal Lecter of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

Julian Sands in Warlock -- really scary and very sexy.

• Advertisement

I hate to disagree but Hannibal Lector is not a Villian he is an Antihero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

My favourite badguy has always been Frank (Henry Fonda) from "Once upon a Time in the West"

"Whada we do with this one Frank?"
    "Well, now that you've called me by name..."
    *Shoots six year old kid*

Coolest. Badguy. Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by The_Edge
    Nurse Ratchet from "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest" was a right evil b*tch.

The abuse I screamed @ that evil b!tch :mad:

Linda Blair as Regan MacNeil [The Exorcist]
    Jack Nicholson as The Joker [Batman]
    Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrence [The Shining]
    Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan R. Jessup [A Few Good Men]
    Al Pacino as The Devil [The Devil's Advocate]
    Gabriel Byrne as The Devil [End of Days]
    John Travolta as Caster Troy [Face/Off]
    John Travolta as Gabriel Shear [Swordfish]
    John Travolta as Maj. Deakins [Broken Arrow]

& for Sh!ts & Giggles, Mike Myers as Dr Evil [Austin Powers]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

ok let me think....

agent smith in the matrix...the first one

the predator

Buffalo Bill the serial killer from silence of the lambs ... "it puts the ****ing lotion in the basket!!"

i know its not a movie but the "cigarete smoking man" in the X files was always a winner

another actor who make a great bad guy is Michael Wincott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

what about arnie in the first terminator, the perfect villain, no remorse

Advertisement