Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blilolology..

Options
  • 17-06-2004 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't that exam INSANE???? I didn't get any study done but even so, I doubt I would've learnt the most of it. Hands down the hardest exam I've taken all year. So many girls came out of it bawling their eyes out, I was almost sick after my first read-through. My biology teacher is gonna fry for this. We did none of the experiments. She told us that the likelihood was that it was going to be easy due to it being it's first year OMFG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

It wasn't that hard you big girls blouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I didn't get any study done

My biology teacher is gonna fry for this.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Biology was so hard...i studied for it so much coz its one of my fav subjects but not even that could have prepared me for it seemingly....we never did any exps either and we never did any ecology.....basically my teacher was useless....lets hope chemistry is not such a let down...i need a horrific amount of points to do biomed and i need to get outta this town!!!

:confused:.....and there is one thing bothering me...we never did this exp so can anyone tell me in the yeast exp for the prod of ethanol...why would you add potassium iodide and sodium hypochlorite??? is it to test for the presence of ethanol or what??!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Originally posted by conZ
    It wasn't that hard you big girls blouse.
    It fookin was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yes that was the hardest exam I've done all year. Maybe my bio teacher should have given us hard exams, maybe if he did I would have been more prepared for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

it was grand up to every ****ing part B of the long questions (and Q 14 + 15) where there was no prompting, no real questioning.... just regurgitate everything about the hardest part in that paticular section.
    everything about protein synthesis.
    everything about photosynthesis.
    everything about the nephron.
    (hmm cant remember the ecology but it wasnt healthy..)

it was more like a history exam, "treat of the three types or RNA" :P

on the positive side..... i remember seeing the lemmings thing when we were told the correction at the start of the exam. lemmings!! ROFL! i felt like jumping off a cliff when i got to the question tho.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 uary

potassium iodide and sodium hypochlorite???
    I didnt get this either,we did that experiment but i never heard of those 2 chemicals in this experiment?????
    why the hell would they ask that when we never did it?
    we only did a few experiments around 7,
    are all biology teachers lazy or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

haha lemmings is right, i actually wrote that was a reason for decline in population- "jumping off cliffs doesn't help the population"
    Was sooo temped to write bout the computer game!
    I think all the teachers are pissed off bout it n i heard today ours is ringin some "head of exams" to complain!
    I didnt even think it was all that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

That exam was fine, if you had your heart set on an A1 then it was hard enough but overall it was fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

We have a really good biology teacher and we did all the experiments but that sodium hydrochloride or whatever it was we never used in the alcohol experiment. We have some brilliant biology students and nobody was happy so I think it will be marked a lot easier hopefully. The germ layer and axium(spelt wrong) weren't in our book at all and all the questions were taken from the most boring parts of the course, i felt so pissed after that exam.

yeah i kow me too....the germ layers are in the reproductive chapters you know they are the endo-ecto-mesoderms--the things that make up the embryo......but i couldnt fecking remember anything about them......and as for the NaClO KI --that was a joke!!!! and i wasnt laughing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

right, i've got an idea, let's loads of uz complain and they'll mark it easy.

let's

yes lets cuz im ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

All this ranting feels far too close to the prefects/A-Standard students who come out after every ****ing exam and say "Oh geez, I know I failed" for comfort. I knew a girl who said that every single time after an exam and she got 9As and a B in her JC. I confronted her about it and like all these people she refuses to accept that she says such things.
    So the moral of the story is that Bio is long over, you're not going to bother complaining so just wait until you open your envelope and I'd be highly suprised if you got less than a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I got an A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

i know wot u mean roller, there's a guy in my class who always says he's done bad but ends up with and A or high B. Damn him!!!

Advertisement