Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civ 3 lost disk-Any help?

Options
  • 17-06-2004 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I want to buy the new Civ 3 expansion CD. However when I went home to reinstall the original Civ 3 I couldnt find the cd. I have the box and manual but no CD. I went on to amazon.com to buy it again but they wouldnt ship it to Ireland and buying it in the stores or amazon.de or amazon.co.uk is too much for a game I already paid money for.

I checked the Atari site and they do not replace lost game cd's. Does any one have a copy of civ 3 that they would like to sell me cheap? I dont mean a copy of the original I mean the original game. Though I think in this case I would be perfetly entitled to download a copy of it if I could ;) but I dont want to have to do this......yet......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am afraid i can't help you there but could you tell me what this new expansion is please?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

new civs, units, abilities, government types (facisim, blood feud) etc It is a very nice add-on and it includes all the play the world expansion pack elements too. I saw it in Game for €30 euro but I need to get a copy of Civ 3 again to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Surely Civ3 is on budget at this stage?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

play.com...

EUR 28.99 (or £17.99 UK) delivered.

Stuff from Play.com can take up to two weeks - if it never arrives all you have to do is tell them so, and they'll send out another.

I can afford to pay for it easily but I dont really want to since I went out an paid 40 Irish for it when it came out. I know that a budget version is being released on the 1st of september, its out in Germany already but I dont want to buy a German version of the game. Amazon.com doesnt ship to Ireland, not even the market place sellers will. Its really annoying. I could get the game and the new conquests expansion pack for under €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

doh!!!

yeah looks greaT. Going to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Moojuice
    its out in Germany already but I dont want to buy a German version of the game.
    When I bought the Play the World expansion (here in Austria) it came with the german cd and the english cd. It said on the back that it would work with german and english versions of the game which is why I bought it.

If you can find that with the german budget version then it might be worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Whats the name of the expansion pack tho? Im just pondering if its one i already have or another one that was just released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

B-K-DzR, they refer to Civ3: Conquests, if you're a hardcore Civ fan you've probably had it a few months!

[edited for the amazing amount of spelling mistakes in one sentence]

• Advertisement

I ordered Civ 3 again off Ebay cheers REactor. I went in to Game to buy the expansion pack and it wasnt there.........I saw it a few days earlier. The assistant said if it wasnt in a certain place then they dint have it..........FFS.

Ill try Henry street and order it online if I have no luck.

Can anyone recommend a really good strategy game actually? I was looking for something new that was as big and as brilliant as civ 3. Is perimeter any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

Originally posted by Moojuice
    Can anyone recommend a really good strategy game actually? I was looking for something new that was as big and as brilliant as civ 3. Is perimeter any good?

Nothing can beat Civ3 :D You will be keep coming back to it :p
    Conquests is a very good expansion pack and I found it much harder than the previous one. Expect to lose many nights of sleep :D

yeah civ 3 is pretty rock'in :)

I went into Game to buy the expansion pack but they had none and didnt seemed bothered that I was looking for it. I asked if they would get it in and was told "No". The dim wit was surprised that I had seen a copy of it there last week. FFS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If that was Game Grafton St. it was actually me who bought their one and only copy of Conquests on Friday last, sorry about that :)

Advertisement