Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup exec query

Options
  • 17-06-2004 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is supposed to go here or Nets/Comms but I wont double post. Mods, please move if you think it's in the wrong place :)

I have several clients that use Backupexec 9. Now, when a job fails I have used Pavlov's methods to get them to send me in a log file. This was grand with version 8 and lower as it was a lovely text file that was easy to pick through. Now however, I am receiving 5mb .xml files that take forever to pour through.

Is there a way to make the xml file easier to read? Can I import it into Backupexec so I can read it in html format without screwing up my own backup here?

any (clean) suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

what about writing an asp.net page to put the xml info into a table???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Excel or Word (2003) will open XML documents

Advertisement