Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puking Zidane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's not puke! It's water! Funny pic though!

B.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL. Looks like puke though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Actually, it is puke, atleast according to the article.
    You should be able to find it in English, I just always read the Swedish papers so I didn't bother looking for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

naitkris translate please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by Big Ears
    naitkris translate please :D

will do. give me a few mins... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by muffen
    Actually, it is puke, atleast according to the article.
    You should be able to find it in English, I just always read the Swedish papers so I didn't bother looking for it..

I think Jay from Radio Roy would call it 'Gawk'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

it just says, in short:

The drama TV viewers missed

Zidane puked, but seconds later he scored the penalty.

This was the drama milions of TV viewers missed. 1-1 in the opening game against England and only seconds left in the match.

...not much else to the article really, main bit of it above.

i suppose the nerves got to him, huge match, millions watching, last seconds of game, huge weight on his shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by naitkris
    it just says, in short:

The drama TV viewers missed

Zidane puked, but seconds later he scored the penalty.

This was the drama milions of TV viewers missed. 1-1 in the opening game against England and only seconds left in the match.

...not much else to the article really, main bit of it above.

i suppose the nerves got to him, huge match, millions watching, last seconds of game, huge weight on his shoulders.

thx:)

I still don't believe it's puke though! Just cos a newspaper says so!

And besides Gods don't puke!! LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If you ask me, that picture looks edited.

• Advertisement

If you ask me, that picture looks edited.

In the article they are saying that the picture was taken by one of the SVT (Swedish TV) camera's, and if this is true, it is extremly unlikely that it was edited.
    Swedish laws are very strict when it comes to sources and misinformation. If the picture was edited, aftonbladet is in serious trouble.

Aftonbladet is a evening paper, it may not have the same standard as the evening herald or financial times, but it is a far more serious paper than the sun or the daily mirror. As I said, if this picture was not taken by SVT's camera's, aftonbladet are going to be taken to court for sure.
    Furthermore, if it was from an SVT camera, it is as likely to be edited as a picture coming from BBC (basically, it has never happened before as far as I know).
    SVT is the Swedish equivallent of BBC in England.

So, in my opinion, this is a legit picture (I trust SVT, and I trust aftonbladet to tell the real source).

Originally posted by muffen
    Aftonbladet is a evening paper, it may not have the same standard as the evening herald or financial times

I wasn't aware that the "Evening - them damn refugees are taking all our money - Herald" had standards.
    So, in my opinion, this is a legit picture

I'm not doubting that the picture is legit. I just find it hard to believe that Zizou would get that nervous before he took a peno.

B.

***edited to make "was" read "wasn't"***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

One of the lads here in work is french and he says its not the first time he has seen Zidane puking before taking a vital penalty . He says it happened a couple of years ago as well but cant remember who they were playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I didn't know it was actually a newspaper, it could have been a dodgy site for all I know. I also didn't know the Swedish laws were strict on these kind of things. Sure the Evening Herald had a figure of the bloody devil made on one of the twin towers after 9/11.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I didn't know it was actually a newspaper, it could have been a dodgy site for all I know. I also didn't know the Swedish laws were strict on these kind of things. Sure the Evening Herald had a figure of the bloody devil made on one of the twin towers after 9/11.

You're right, it's not easy to know how valid the paper is when you dont understand the language.
    In all honesty, I trust aftonbladet to base their stories on something valid, but they do have a tendency of exadurating.
    However, if they say the picture is from SVT, the validity is not even questionable. If nothing else, its owned by the government...

BTW: I only used the evening herald as an example, I'm sure they aren't flawless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Who cares if he puked, pissed or had a dump before he took it,.... he scored!!! and the rest as they say, is history!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

they showed it last night after the match on BBC i think in real time motion picture.

Its definitely puke - a little bit at first then alot more! no doubt about it!

I couldnt believe how quickly he just wiped his mouth and took the kick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

They showed it on itv last night, its puke. Tbh it's nothing unusual. I've puked a few times during football games, all the water I'd drink wouldn't take too kindly to the constant running about and then I'd puke up a watery vomit.

Did anybody see Fantasy Football on ITV last night? They showed the footage of Zindane just before he took the penalty and he did indeed blow chunks.

Just before he hit the ball he bent over, spat out some water followed sharply by the afore-mentioned chunks, stood up, wiped his mouth and then as quick as you like scored the goal.

So I stand corrected! :ninja:

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

If you wanted to shake a goalkeeper up, before a penalty, puking in front of him has to be one of the best ways!!

I thought the french fans put even more pressure on him with thier chant of "ZI ZOU ZI ZOU ZI ZOU" to a neutral it was nearly off putting. Like "Darylllll, Darylll" in the simpsons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement