Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus bittorrent problem

• 17-06-2004 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I have been using Azureus for a while now but for the last day or so it wont work. No seeds or peers are coming up.

Has anyone else had a problem.

I could use another client but I want to get this sorted.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well actually I've currently a different problem with Azureus - if I right click a torrent and have it open in Azureus, it doesn't actually open. The only way for me to currently activate a torrent is to save it my harddrive and then open the torrent from Azureus itself.
    I did once have a problem also whereby Azureus wouldn't display anything I was downloading - but that happened when I updated my version. I rolled back to an old version and was fine...
    As for no seeds/torrents working - I have stuff d/ling right now without any problems, albeit slowness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Weird. When it starts up it connects to check for a new version it can't seem to find the server to check.

Might try an older version. What are you using ixoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭spooner_src

Hi,

I just started a torrent this morning on Azureus and have had no issues. I updated Azureus sometime last week and have not had any issues with it.

Originally posted by cosgrove80
    Might try an older version. What are you using ixoy?
    Am at work currently so can't tell. I think it's 2.0.8 but I'll let you know later for sure.

I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled 2.0.8.4. Still no joy. Its not telling me theres a new version available or anything anymore.

I've no idea now. The search continues:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

Does this happen with all your torrents?

I've had this problem before when downloading from an old torrent. You could be trying to download a file that has no seeds or peers try downloading a popular torrent file that has been just added today.

Yeah all of them.

I just tried a torrent with 1484 seeds and still the same.

It's like azureus isnt connecting or something.

I've turned the firewall off and scanned for viruses trojans etc. Still no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by ixoy
    Am at work currently so can't tell. I think it's 2.0.8 but I'll let you know later for sure.

I had the same problem. Changing the port numbers worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

I use Azureus all the time with no problems. I'll check it out later and see if I get the same problems. In work at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dunno what i`m using, bit torrent experimental or something ?
    it totally slows down my pc !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2.1.0 is latest build works rather well for me.

kdjac

Uninstalled anything to do with bittorrents on my comp and then, used Registry Mechanic to clear out the registry and reinstalled 2.1.0 and everything is ok again.

Thanks for all the help. Appreciated

I'm actually using Azureus 2.0.4.2. I had tried a new version but, as mentioned earlier, it refused to show any of the torrents that I was downloading :dunno: So I've stuck with this version...

Advertisement