Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+

Options
  • 17-06-2004 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Can I just replace my current Sky box with a Sky+ box and hey presto, have all the benefits of Sky+, or am I on drugs?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Might be better asked in the Satellite forum, but as far as I know it will work, but you won't get all the features of Sky+ unless you have two cables running from the Sky box to the satellite dish. This is to allow for the 'watch one channel while recording another' features. Without the second feed, I think you can still use the record facilities, you just can't watch something else while recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

No. You cannot simply swap the boxes. The card will have to be paired up to the Sky+ box and the recording functionality has to be activated by Sky. And as old robbie has said you will also need a second cable from the dish to the Sky+ box.

If you only have one cable then you will be able to use Live Pause but scheduling recording will not work properly as they are mainly done using the 2nd cable.

Advertisement