Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

t610 Connection

Options
  • 17-06-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭

hi All,
    I was just wondering if anyone can help.
    I have a sony ericsson t610 on contract and I am trying to connect to the internet via infrared on my laptop. It connects ok, but it just doenst seem to recoginse that there is a connection. i cant view web pages/send mails/use messenger, yet the connection is made. It sends are recieves info, but it doesnt work. i rang o2 Internet Help, and they didnt have a clue!
    I am using a Sony Vaio laptop, via infrared and Windows 98.
    Any help would be so much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, are you pre-pay or post-pay on O2, and have you been set up for Internet/ISP GPRS access (not just WAP) - contacting O2's internet support line on 1740 should confirm your GPRS status

BrianG

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

hi DubWireless,
    i have. I have full internet and wap access. I think it may be the settings.
    I created a new data profile called internet and the settings are:

CID=2
    apn=internet
    user id is blank
    password is blank
    password request is off
    allow calls=automatic
    ip address is blank
    dns address=62.40.32.33

in my dial up on my laptop I have the phone number as *99***2#
    No matter what CID i put in after the *** it doesnt work. Maybe just a setting above is wrong!
    Ive tried about 100 times and its very frustrating!!

im on post pay!

that CID looks ok in relation to the number you are dialing

try sticking these DNS settings into TCP/IP details for the relevant DUN connection you are using though:

see how that goes first off and post back

BrianG

i will do. Are you using it urself?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

usually connect via Bluetooth to a laptop, but would manually enter the Modem Initialisation string and DUN profile (rather than using the CID)...

BrianG

hmmm, how do u do that? I got the connection to work about a month ago, then my laptop went ghoulies up, and i lost all the settings on it. I havent been able to connect since! If I can get it to work, im going to "invest" in a bluetooth dongle so I can use that instead

before going down that road ;)

did entering the DNS addresses into the Dial-Up Networking connection you are using to connect to the phone not work?

BrianG

i tried putting them in the phone and then in the pc to no avail. It connects fine, it jsut keeps saying "page cannot be displayed" not matter what I do!
    Grrr!

when connected via the handset can you do this:

enter http://82.195.131.128 into the browser and say what happens

BrianG

• Advertisement

i will do & ill let you know. Ive to get my laptop back. Some biscuit has decided to start using it on me!

right! well i had it on, and it caome uo unable to located modem, blah blah, so I restarted it, and now windows cant load because its saying himem.sys is missing! So im kinda stuck!

could the person who borrowed it of you yesterday evening have done any messing about with it?

an error like that is a bit OT for this board but if you can't get it fixed yourself (if you know what you are doing try booting into safe mode to investigate if possible... as the computer is booting press the "F8 key") the posters on the Windows board may be able to help

when it boots up again without any problems give that link a go (it's a direct link to this website what doesn't have to rely on DNS details) trying to see if that's your problem as you were saying the actual GPRS session was connecting ok

otherwise we can try the manual modem string and dun config to see if that will get you working again.

BrianG

Cheers for that BrianG. Norton was installed on it the other day and it was the first time it was shut down! Ill have a root and see if I can sort it, and Ill get back to you.
    Thanks again

Right, well the magic laptop that it is is fine again! But i tried connecting to no avail. I went to the IP address you gave, and it tried connecting for about a minute, then said the page could not be displayed. grr again!

before listing out the manual steps, do you have a Firewall running on the computer that may be blocking traffic?

BrianG

Nope. No security things on it all!

hi, check your Private Message Inbox.

BrianG

Advertisement