Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD-paper 1

Options
  • 17-06-2004 5:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Well, what did you all think? personally, didn't like the way they put in a new type of question for Q1 part D. But I'm fairly sure I got it anyway. As with Question 7 part b. Never seen that before.. I still think I got my A though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

For Q1 part D was all you had to do was once you got the shortest distance line just extend it to meet the horizontal plane? That's all I did. Happy enough with it I suppose except for not spotting what to do in Q3 (a) in time. (im teh stupor)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

yea that's what I did aswell (thank you skew-bore holes) I nearly messed up Q 3 a few times as well. It was a bit tricky all right. BTW just to be sure, there was no loci in Q3 was there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Didn't even get past part (a).. Spent half an hour considering suicide with my compass until it dawned on me that where the bisectors of a triangle meet is the centre of a circle inside the triangle. Hadn't time to attempt the rest then :( Think I got the other questions almost perfect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Originally posted by Swifty
    For Q1 part D was all you had to do was once you got the shortest distance line just extend it to meet the horizontal plane? That's all I did. Happy enough with it I suppose except for not spotting what to do in Q3 (a) in time. (im teh stupor)
    Thats what i did too. A chap in my class did some mad complicated thing creating a new plane with the point where the shortest distance was, and other points. I thought he was MAD.

my angle was 30degrees (or so).

Overall i thought that paper was pretty hard, the area conversion took me nearly 40 mins, and i usually have it out in 10-15 mins! That really threw me off for the whole paper.

And roughly what diameters did people get for their cylinder in the solids on contact question? i got about 25mm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

sh1t, I got one like 100mm. Oh dear god, I just realised I did a cone instead of a cylinder :o:o. Ah well got evrything else OK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

glad to see i help everyone realise their mistakes. Feel free to spam me with messages going "You barsteward, you made me realise i screwed up my exam" etc etc :p

I got 2 questions right (47+/50), 1 question i got at least 45/50 and one is pretty dodgy, 35+/50. So i'd say i'm out of the A bracket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I answered 2 questions fully, didn't have time to finish Q2, nor did I finish Q5, I think I may only have gotten a C3 in it :mad: :(

Advertisement