Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punkbuster

Options
  • 17-06-2004 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

I have installed BFV in my computer 5 times now and punkbuster isn't with it i cant seem to get it to work!!

When i install it it says would you like to install punkbuster and then it dissappears and i cant locate it in my EA files BFV files or anything else to do with battlefield!!

How can i Locate it? And how can i set it up if it dissappears again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I believe the punkbuster install files are located on Disc 3 of Battlefield: Vietnam. If you browse that disc with explorer you should find it in there.

Or when your installing it should give you a list of components, make sure you have Punkbuster selected when installed.

If you have done the above this its probably already installed. If you arnt sure check for a "pb" folder in your Battlefield Vietnam directory [X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\ pb?]. IF it exists then it should be installed so. Make sure its enabled ingame, on the multiplayer screen there should be a Punkbuster icon with a click box beside it, make sure you enable it there.

You cant update it manually till you have it enabled ingame btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

so you mean that if i find it and install it, that it will need updates!:(

Yes, as new cheats are discovered Punkbuster will [in thoery] update it self and prevent these new cheats being used.

It is designed to automaticly update itself when playing online but if it doesnt you can manually update it, take a look at the Patches, mods & files thread for information on manually updating Punkbuster.

The updates themselves are tiny [like a few KB] so only take a second and install automaticly.

Thank god i was expecting them to be like a map for battlefield vietnam 207mb

LOL:p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

punkbuster still bites though seen way too many people get kicked by it even after doing everything they can to fix it sometimes i think about only joining games that aren't running it.......sigh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

It should automatically update but you can save some htm file to update it or even download a small updater program if the other things don't work.

It gave me a fair bit of trouble one night and I got the updater program.
    Bada-bing bada-boom.
    Sorted.

But i went to punkbusters site and tryed to upgrade it, to the newest one, but i found that every time i clicked on something i was back at the start, it was like a maze i couldn't figure it out. It sent me to 10 different pages but they were all the same!! Is there a more direct way to find the updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

On the BF page the files you need are linked at the top in the middle and make sure you right click on them.

kdjac

Thanks got it workin but i still cant connect to your server, got on once but my ping was like 2090 what cud have caused it, i dont know but what ever it is it only happens when i go on your site??

What is your server set to for people joining, like if i joined on with 400ping would it kick me for have'n too high a ping?

In the Battlefield Vietnam internat games, set your connection to 56k and see how it goes. The ISDN setting doesnt work too well unless your on 128k/Dual ISDN, but most people only play on 64k/Single ISDN.

So, set your connection speed back to 56k and you should be grand.

• Advertisement

Cool, but still aint working!

Advertisement