Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dangers In Opening Corked Wine Bottles

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

what does "corked wine" have wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Originally posted by thespianshane
    walk out with a grand in your pocket and the hottest chick that was there around your arms
    well you can kiss that good bye now my friend cause you aint gonna be able to mix nothing and there aint no dames that like people with a messed up hand who cant even wipe their own hole. now makes us up a couple of manhattans or beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

...and there aint no dames that like people with a messed up hand who cant even wipe their own hole

:D thespianshane is a professional bartender in Manhattan :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So is this like a crusade against the big bad wine companies, or a nice friendly warning to all of us here in internet land?

I find it hard to believe that wine companies would continue to peddle a rumour that corked wine is better, so as to sell more product. It would be cheaper to produce screw-cap wine, so would it not be in their interests to convince everyone that that kind is better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't feel as if I need to reply to such nonsense...

I'm also curious as to why you think people on the board care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thespianshane

This "board" is a joke. Most people here belong on some lame aol chat site, where you can spout off all the B.S. you want. I would have hoped for some intelligent input into the matter, but all I have gotten really is smart ass responses.
    Corked wine is a dark aged concept. Nostalgia is about all it holds on to. Many major wine companies are switching to screw caps. However, many are still holding on to this passe idea. I am warning people of the danger that many corked bottles posses. Did you know that they often hammer the corks in by hand with a wood mallet? This causes bottle to sometimes hairline fracture, and many get past inspectors. I was simply hoping to put this out there and get some positive or at least intelligent responses. I just hope that karma doesn't bite some of you in the ass the next time your dealing with a bottled beverage! Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

there's nothing lame about this board, it's just that posting stupid stuff like that sends out a honing device for us cynics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 RCCOLA

[
    Corked wine is a dark aged concept. Nostalgia is about all it holds on to. Many major wine companies are switching to screw caps. However, many are still holding on to this passe idea. I am warning people of the danger that many corked bottles posses. Did you know that they often hammer the corks in by hand with a wood mallet? This causes bottle to sometimes hairline fracture, and many get past inspectors. I was simply hoping to put this out there and get some positive or at least intelligent responses.

Posting here benefited us....by trying to warn others, we were introduced to thespaindshane and learned of his injury, which is exactly what we wanted to do, Warn others and learn from others.

Obviously some of the people on this board don't believe in karma. We do! The reasons we originally posted on several boards was to warn people and hopefully learn about others that have had the same thing happen to them. Maybe it wouldn't have happened to RC or to "thespianshane" if they had been warned about the possibility of a defective bottle and a cork too stubborn to come out. A warning on the bottle would be nice. The cork myth has long been beaten to death on wine sites everywhere and it doesn't do a thing for the wine except possibly taint it and make it a little harder to get to.

FYI griffdaddy: some of us have lives, we like to live them with 2 functional hands and don't think that the purchase or opening of a bottle of wine should change that funtionality forever. AND the comment about women not wanting a man with a messed up hand....what would you know about what a woman wants? My one handed pecker is just as great as ever! Sounds like you don't know a thing about wine, women, professionals or "your own hole". Get a life cause you got no heart!

RC's Wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Obviously some of the people on this board don't believe in karma. We do! The reasons we originally posted on several boards was to warn people and hopefully learn about others that have had the same thing happen to them.

I don't think even karma excuses spamming something accross boards....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

This "board" is a joke. Most people here belong on some lame aol chat site, where you can spout off all the B.S. you want. I would have hoped for some intelligent input into the matter, but all I have gotten really is smart ass responses.

This the "After Hours" forum. Not the "Biology / Medicine" forum, nor the "Personal Issues" forum. If you want to be taken seriously dont post serious matters on the "take the piss" forum. Try posting to a relevant forum. in "After Hours" your karma goes up for being inane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

And to the dude who thinks he knows all about nerves in the left hand. What a doofus.

That doofus is actually a doctor.
    This "board" is a joke.

No the jokes board is next door.
    Posting here benefited us....by trying to warn others, we were introduced to thespaindshane and learned of his injury, which is exactly what we wanted to do, Warn others and learn from others.

More like spam. We have a few newbie posters posting in tandam the same crap, which seems to reflect a similar tactic elsewhere on another forum.

Advertisement