Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier-Style Bike Help

Options
  • 17-06-2004 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Any ideas where I could find reasonable GT,Giant,Trek or Meridia (?) bikes for reasonable road cycling. I need a decent bike for commuting, leisure and hopefully work as a courier.

Buy and Sell have some, but I'm not overly experienced with testing for aluminium, the right shimano gears, signs of misuse, etc.

I'm in Dublin.

Any ideas much appreciated.

I've about 500 to spend - no more. Considering I'll need to buy about 15 million locks too! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks a million. I'll pop in later on this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

good point actually re: metal pedals, the plastic ones could disintegrate on you after one bang!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks again.

Out of interest, if you are lucky enough to own a valuable bike, you obviously need a seriously good lock. Are the Krymptonite NYC locks the ultimate in security? And if so, are they necessary/good enough?

i.e. I'd have to leave the bike in that crimehole that is UCD's bike-rack...

Advertisement