Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German

Options
  • 17-06-2004 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Anyone else droppin to pass tmoro? It a balls of a language!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

looking forward to it. It can't be worse than the mock. That comprehension about the man standing on his head was a killer, noone understood what was going on!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Just pray that the same people who made the french aural aren't making the german one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

i think they got the tapes mixed up now that i think of it....

Originally posted by SeanPuddin
    i think they got the tapes mixed up now that i think of it....

That would make sense? Or maybe they just recycled the arabic tapes? Definetly wasn't french anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

yea arabic sounds bout rite. maybe we'll get japanese tmoro!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

That'd be TOO nice of them.

The aural's always the best part anyway, if only for section 2. It's always great to hear the people having a fit on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

im depending on german to go well...i love the language but the grammar can be mind--twisting......i should really be studying for it right now but i am too lazy...you cant really cram a language can you!?:dunno:

ssscrreewwweeedddd.

I'm officially screwed in german. I tried cramming, but i just can't cram anymore! Nooo!

if you want to stay on online and still study go to www.tagesschau.de its a german tv website where you can watch news bulletins and other stuff---best way to learn!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I'm too tired to study for german. I need a break :(

Hope something about the EU/refugees come up, it's the only thing I've looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ah all you people studying for german bring a tear to my eye, ah well a life sentance in the deutsche schule has me well prepared. good luck every1!!!

you *******!!!!!!!!!! ARGH. Note to self, kill everyone who attended that feckin deutschshule! (whatever its called). I have my 50-60 phrases, i'm happy.

Amazing how everything the teachers told us would come up sorta...didn't.

Lucky I'd done essays on two of the essay topics this week and last week in grinds, I just sorta winged it on the first part.

Special Olympics. ARGH.

Originally posted by Lantis

Special Olympics. ARGH.

The same thing came up in French... Summer Olympics in Irish... wasn't it kinda obvious that there'd be *some* reference to them in German?

Well, I don't do French and I wasn't in school between Tuesday and today, so I didn't know that. And I didn't do the Irish Olympics one.

i thought stuff like the war in iraq and the smoking ban would come up--the olympics is really old news !!--i just did the moving out from home-- themed thingy.

Bleh. I thought the comps were easy enough but the themes and the letter were bad. The third and fourth sections of the aural were hard too, especially the third. Better than accounting anyway!

Comprehensions easy enough. Tape easy enough.

The letter was grand, the question about do i know nothern ireland was fantastic. I got in some good vocabulary about terrorist attacks and bombs going off killing people there. Not entirely true :p

The Auserung was also fairly handy, i accidently wrote just over 200 words (and it says about 100) so i rewrote it with about 70-80 less words. But i left both versions there :)

All in all, i expect a B2.

****!? are you penalised for writing more than required? i wrote about 2 pages for the letter and a page and a bit for the ausserung..............

You aren't penalised aslong as you didn't write WAY too much.

Those 100 words thing are only a guide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

OMG!!!that was the easiest test i have ever done!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

Yeah thought the comprehensions were pretty easy. Ausserung and letter were alright too, I found I hardly used anything I crammed for at 2am this morning but still topics and questions were fairly easy. Tapework was a bit dodgier than other years I thought, didn't like that note!! What exactly was the confusion over??

the bad thing is though if everyone thought it was easy itll be marked harder......like if people get too high marks they try to go over them again and are really fickle...its a mad world...

well, i was told not to go too far over, but if you wrote high quality stuff, then i suppose theres nothing much to worry about. I still went about 30 words over the limit, but not as much as you.

My letter was 1 full page with 12-13 words per line.

the thing i find is that im always rushing trying to stick in as many phrases as i can.........i do like german and hopefully am fairly competent at it but in the throes of the last minute checking you can very easily forget to go over grammar checks et al....i got up at 7 to study so i was wrecked --so pointless--nothing is more imp than good sleep even more than studying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

You guys really are lucky to be worrying about going over, our teacher never even coverd the grammar question that came up! Every1 in my class avoided the letter two, i thought the moving pic was easier because alot of it was similar to oral stuff-careers etc
    Tape was quite easy and comprehensions were fine 2!

i suppose its all interpretation..i have this weird fear of saying that exams were easy in case i curse myself--i have strange superstitions

Originally posted by Corona
    What exactly was the confusion over??

I am really really bad at those sections. I've never answered the problems parts correctly, ever! I just wrote that he had lost some things which were supposed to arrive along with anything else that I heard.

A kitchten table and some other kitchen crap..

wasn't it that stuff arrived that he never ordered?

begins to get worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mattg

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    wasn't it that stuff arrived that he never ordered?

begins to get worried

Thats what I understood from the tape :confused:

Advertisement