Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing Páipéar a dó

Options
  • 17-06-2004 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I'm doing paper 2b. Will be doing 1,4,5,6. This time I'm not going to drink a full bottle of coke before I go in, had to hold it in for 3 hours since I needed the full 3 hours :eek: Was not funny! :dunno:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

hehe, I thought I was bad I just felt a tingling down there for the last half hour.. that must have been annoying especially in tech drawin :)

Paper 2B here too. I'm doin' 1, 5, 6 and 2. If I dont figure out the roof geom I'll try my hand on Q8, the road geom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Swifty
    hehe, I thought I was bad I just felt a tingling down there for the last half hour.. that must have been annoying especially in tech drawin :)

Paper 2B here too. I'm doin' 1, 5, 6 and 2. If I dont figure out the roof geom I'll try my hand on Q8, the road geom.
    I thought that was q7. There's no way I'm doing Q7 that takes me ages to figure out and ages to do, not worth my time. I still can't figure out how to do that damn Q5, ****ing dips and strikes and thickness, so confusing, if I still don't know by tomorrow morning I'll probably do Q7 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

I hope that the perspective question is a nice one, and I would love for the road geo question not to have a car park in it but thats a long shot.

I hope that Q4 is a shell structure and not a ****ing hyperparabolid of revolution question.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I'm opting for 1 and 5, then two out of 4,6 and 7.yeah them roadworks are horrible. They're easy to work out but the pain of having to find so many arcs and tangents is coparable to repeatedly banging your head off a wall. Q 1 and 5 should be my full-mark questions. It's hit and miss for the other two though :(

• Advertisement

So what did everyone think about it? I thought it was easier than Paper 1. I did Q1,4,5,6. I attempted Q4 but I really should have spent that 20 minutes with Question 7, C+/B- in that paper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Not a bad paper at all. Doing Paper 2B - Building Applications.

Q1 - Got it perfectly. Finished it fully in ~45mins.
    Q2 - Awful odd shaped roof. Spent 50 mins at that. Say I got it half right.
    Q5 - Finished that. Got 34m (friend got 32m) and 89m for part B - The altitudes borehole B1 reaches the top and bottom surfaces of the stratum. I rounded both off to 35m and 90m.
    Q6 - Got it done fully up until part C. Couldn't remember wtf I was meant to do. Found out afterwards it was skew lines.

That paper brought me up from that **** of a Paper 1 we had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Woo woo woo! Brilliant!

Perspective: Perfect, might have screwed up ONE point, but thats it.

Roof Geometry: Couldn't do it, and that was one of my best questions!

Mining Geometry: Perfect, got the exact same as conz (ish). I presume when conz said question3 he meant Q5...

Hyperbolic Parabaloid: Perfect, dead handy

Road Geometry: Dream come true, i compared to two other peoples road geometry answers, and mine was exactly the same.

All in all, i got 4 out practically perfectly, i might yet get that A1!

Nice paper!

Perspective - Got it all out perfectly, was a little worried about the curve at the start but it wasn't too difficult.

Mining - Simple as usual!

Hyperbolic - Easy enough, I'm not sure if I did the traces bits correctly though. Was a fairly messy question but I think I got most of the marks out of it

Road - I had only started revising this recently, got most of it except part of the parking area.

Got about 80% in that I'd say. Probably a high C or a low B overall.

Hyperbolic - Easy enough, I'm not sure if I did the traces bits correctly though. Was a fairly messy question but I think I got most of the marks out of it
    All that had to be done was look along the HT in plan, and then get your VT in the auxilary. Then look perpendicular to the VT in the auxilary and thats it! I worked all that out by sticking one of my set squares against the wall and thinking :p
    got most of it except part of the parking area.
    All that had to be done here was extend out the various edges of the road to hit a line of known height. Thankfully i got it out grand. I was really pissed at the roof geometry at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

I ended up doin 6 questions-3 perfect and 3 very dodgy-
    Could any one get that evil roof question out? no body so far ive talked to cud get the "C roof section" part and so the D part also
    hyperboloid of revolution was kinda hard
    As a matter of intrest are many of you tech students going 4 architecture next year? since tech graphics is basic architecture and only 4000 actually do it in the country. i think I'll put it down! depending on points i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Oflynnzer

It went really well for me, done 2b too. I answered Q2, 5, 6 & 7. And done half of Q4 cause i had spare time.

Roof Geometry, was alot nicer than it has been other years and there was no messy dormer window and you were given the heights of the surfaces before you started. part c was a nice little addition, got by looking in along the base line of it in plan and getting an edge view of surface c and rabatting it down on the ground and bring the points back down.

Mining was same as other years for part a and part b was easier than it has been in the past.

Hyperbolic Paraboloid was handy, nothing that tricking except for the true angle bit between the ht and vt, but that cam up last year so i knew how to do it.

Roads was the same as it always was, very handy.

I was alot happier with that paper than paper 1, definately the easier of the two, mind you i done good in paper 1 too though.

All in all it should be alot better than my mock result.

Originally posted by Oflynnzer
    All in all it should be alot better than my mock result.
    Aye same here, albeit I did get 40% in my mocks, just barely passing. lol

Yes, that was quite a doddle of a paper. Although what did people do for part D on the hyperbolic thingey? I looked along the ht, got the vth, then looked perpendictlar to the vt, and got the angle. That and in the roadworks question just to the right of the carpark the lines crossed inside the road. Other than them two minor things, A1 Baby Yeah!!!:)

Although what did people do for part D on the hyperbolic thingey? I looked along the ht, got the vth, then looked perpendictlar to the vt, and got the angle
    Thats exactly what i did, and my teacher confirmed that that was the right thing to do. I was sooo happy to hear that.

And I'm in turn happy to hear that :). When I got out my teacher started talking about how we should have turned the vth into a triangle and flip it over or something. That's a releif

Woot! That's what I did for the true angle too. Full marks for MEH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

i thought it was a very good paper. Roof geo took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to do it, and i realised with 25 minutes to go that my perspective question was completly wrong but I had time to do it agian and it looked perfect

Advertisement