Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Order.

Options
  • 18-06-2004 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I know you must get this all the time, but I want to start reading the Discworld series. However, I'm very unsure about the actual reading order.

Loadsa books and websites tell me different orders.

Could someone help me out and list the first four/five books in the series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's probably best not to start at the begining because the first 2 books are definitely the weakest - start with something like Mort and then the other DEATH books in order Reaper Man/Soul Music/Hogfather (bril book). This way you are introduced to a character who is in all the books and you also get an insight into the Discworld. Actually stop at Reaper Man and then try the stand alone books after that (Pyramids/Moving Pictures/Small Gods): that way you dont go to far ahead. After that - well try from the start to the end. Don't get discouraged if you don't like the first one it took me one or two books before I really began to get into the Discworld - but it's worth it!.

Advertisement