Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn Gig Tonight!!!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2004 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Korn's show was just AMAZING!!!! No Fancy pyro - in fact NONE, no sleek banners hanging at the back of the stage - just a purely awesome show tonight!!! Still have mixed feelings about Static-X. Some of the stuff they played was the biz, the rest just bored me to truckin tears.....

The point was nowhere as full as I expected it to be & was kinda disappointed about that - but this show in less than a week from the Metallica show was a big 'ask' from the kids who are into this music.....

This was the first time I got to see Korn live & I was WELL impressed! Made me kinda wish I went to the 2002 show in the RDS... glad to see they played a good mix of tracks, but you could tell by the limited number of songs off the newer albums (Untouchables, Mirror) they don't like playing alot of them live....was pretty pleased with the set tho - a real build-up set, y'know - each song just seems to rock more than the last one.....

Was also glad to see no stupid little fartknockers acting the b****cks cos that just ruins shows for others & also themsevles after they've coughed up the dough to watch a gig....

Anyone else catch this show tonight @ the point???

::: CROWD SURFING & MOSHING IS NOT PERMITTED........ SAY F****N' WHO?? :::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

One word: EXCELLENT!

The only problem I had was that whoever set the bass setting on the PA is an idiot. Way too high so it just sounded mushy.

Other than that, Korn really outdid themselves. Fantastic night. Much better than Metallica last year imho.

Best part was when Munky and I kept giving each other the finger. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

Still have mixed feelings about Static-X. Some of the stuff they played was the biz, the rest just bored me to truckin tears.....
    Heh. I'm the complete opposite. I went purely for Static-X and, while not bored, I was people-watchin' during Korn. The sound was totally ballsed for Static-X, though - I could hardly hear a thing through the flippin' thumpthumping of whatever instrument that was.

I was also a bit suprised at how empty the place was. I assumed that Korn would pack it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pants

ye it was a decent gig alright. thought the sound for the guitars was very fuzzy and a bit hard to make out. maybe that's the way there ment to be not sure, never heard them live before. have to say they did pick a great set to play, more old songs than new ones. was a shame about the tiny crowd that turned up though.
    i'd definetly go to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

sheer fecking excellence
    they played a lot of songs i never expected them to play(dead bodies everywhere and kill you)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Apparently it was sold out. Maybe the security turned alot of kiddies away? :rolleyes: Didn't go anyways, if I did woulda been for Static-X, but 50 odd euro for half an hour of Static-X was stretching it too far I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

You missed a great one dude, Static-X were kickass. And I saw a guy in a Neubauten shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

It wasn't sold out.

Static-X were okay, but Korn pwned their n00b 4$$0r$.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

That was my 6th time seeing korn, and it was up with the best I have seen them (London Astoria aug 96). Pity about the crowd, I assume its cos of the leaving/junior cert as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

26euro for chimaira/killswitch/shadows fall/godforbid is better value i thought,plus static X were in bruxelles with all those bands the night before korn gig
    savage

not a big korn fan,but id imagine they put on a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

gotta admit korn have some decent stuff but in general i dont like em. im pretty much alone in my apathy for korn amongst my friends cos they are all korn lovers to the last. well i suppose it shows im not a sheep. static x on the other hand are ****in amazing and if they done their own show i would go see it in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement