Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dilemma

Options
  • 18-06-2004 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

right, heres the story,
    did the lc last year got my points to do soft dev in computing gmit in galway, was going then decided to take a year out, make money n stuff,

the last few weeks i decided that i wasnt gonna bother and just join the guards i would like to become a gaurd,
    but now i have second thoughts, i might love the course im doing or i might hate, sorry if this is the wrong forum, its bout computers in gmit, didnt want to goto pi with it,

i am wondering is my course really hard, alot of work to be done?? i am seriously thinkin of going and when the guards come apply and if i get in then i decide, ..

is the compsoc any good? what do ye do? whats gmit like in general,

thanks for any advice, and again sorry if its wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

pm timeout he did the course and is just finished this year. hope thats some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Course is tough enough but then again most are. I lasted all 4 years and i'm I ain't all that smart. If you're into your computers hardware wise engineering might be the better option as little is done in hardware in the course, but then again there was quite a bit done. Actually some off my class had never used a computer more then doinga bit of typing and printing.

So in short good but not a stroll in the park unless of course your brainy or know the programming languages already:D

Advertisement