Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aa Kk Qq

• 18-06-2004 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Haha, 3 all ins pre flop in freezeout. One guy goes ai for 400, I raise to 2,300, woman beside me goes all in for about 4,000, everyone folds, I have cowboys, I call another 1,000 or so.

1st guy flips QQ, she shows me AA and I turn KK!

Q on the board, me gone. I've never been involved in that before.

I didn't even think of folding the cowboys. Terrible play.

Tom, how many times did you rebuy?jebus!! hehe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

never fold KK! even in a multi way pot you shouldn't fold it, odds wise its stil ahead of anything but AA. You had no way of knowing she had bullets, she could have had Ax or a smaller pocket pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

He is right, if you have cowboys you gotta run with them! You can't lay that down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I've found if you play aces, and only aces, you're always ahead pre-flop!

works for me.

ahem.

:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

played a cash game there a while back, i was button with pocket 3s, flop comes 356 small blind bets the pot big blind raises the max. sb had 66 and bb had 55.

Cormie cant believe you didnt fold KK. very profitable night for me got my ticket for 30 euro then sat down at the cash table with 50, was getting antied away then went all in for 15 with AA and left at 7 with over 400, falling asleep in work now

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Originally posted by bohsman
    sat down at the cash table with 50, was getting antied away then went all in for 15 with AA and left at 7 with over 400, falling asleep in work now

Bloody hell!! Whats your secret for the cash games?
    I got €170 in credit last night. Which considering I limped my way through the tournament was a result! :)

• Advertisement

Cormie cant believe you didnt fold KK.
    The thing was after he raised with KK he only had to call another 1000 ish when the lady went all in. After committing that first amount to the pot it wasn't much more to see what the flop would bring.
    sat down at the cash table with 50, was getting antied away then went all in for 15 with AA and left at 7 with over 400, falling asleep in work now
    Which cash game was it? do they ever play a hold'em only cash game?

I play the 50 game its a round of omaha then a round of holdem, if there is interest for a holdem only game they will have one, just give your name to luke he'll put it on the board under a holdem only heading. winning at the 50 game is easy enough once youve figured out the players you play tight and if youre buying in for 50 youll need a bit of luck doubling up before you get antied away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Got the €170 credit there last night.
    Not too sure what the €170 entitles you to though! When we made the deal it was assumed that we could use it as general credit for any game. However, when i asked Luke he said that the credit was supposed to be for the €270 game only....

yea sorry that was my fault, i won 180 credit a couple of sundays ago that could be used for anything but thursdays are only for the big one so unless you spoke to luke all it entitles you to is entry to next thursdays 250+20 freezeout for 100

yea sorry that was my fault, i won 180 credit a couple of sundays ago that could be used for anything but thursdays are only for the big one so unless you spoke to luke all it entitles you to is entry to next thursdays 250+20 freezeout for 100
    Surely you can use it for credit in the Thursday freeroll since thats where you won it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well that was fun. I got the all-clear yesterday morning to throw away my crutches so I was in a good mood. I brought 60 quid with me intent on spending it all if necessary and also try and mix up my game for practise.

Actually it went better then I expected, several of my rebuys were as a result of bad rivers (Ken and Bohs actually!) and I _still_ had 5K at the break. If the odds had played ball it could have been a lot more!

After the break I played my standard game but it was all down hill. I didnt see a hand at all. The best hand I saw all night in fact was 88 which jammily found 77 for all in pre-freezeout. Post freezeout the best hand I saw was K9 suited which flopped K-high but none of my suit. Bohsman pushed me off a decent pot by representing the flush (which I dont think he actually had but I screwed up on the betting by not betting the turn and walked away from the hand to fight another day).

Despite spending 60 notes and not seeing decent cards, I had a great night. There was a lot of laughs on our table and I enjoyed goofing around for once rather then thinking every hand through!!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If I actually thought about it for a minute I may have considered folding.

One guy all in (nothing to worry about, he could have anything!!!)

Then I raise to 2,300, now this lady is going all in and she is not chip leader so she is risking a call by a larger stack. 2,300 is quite a large raise. Now I don't think she would be the type to go all in with Q's or below after such a large raise. Even if I had AK, she knew it was a basic 50/50 shot of her winning, I'd say she would have just called. But she went all in. I should have folded.

Unfortunately I didn't stop to think. If that was the €270 game I could have possibly folded.

Mathematically I agree. I only had about 1,000 left so pot odds etc plus the fact I had cowboys. It was right to call. But as they say, you play the players, not the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

According to Luke its only for the big game. I get to use some of it tonight but thats because I already have my ticket for next Thursdays game.

Sheesh, that's what I do in 2c games;)
    Did you actually spend €60???

I did have the flush it was something like 78suited, and the hands i took your chips on pre freezeout i won on the turn not the river!

And no you cant use the credit in the thursday sattelites its just about getting as much money as possible in the prizepool,

Not too sure about splashing €100 for the big one next thursday! Only managed to last 1 1/2 hrs last time!!

you can sell your credit! Just ask someone pulling out 270 notes to buy it for 90% of it's value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Ugh, what a horrible night of cards. Didn't win a single pot all night.I spent twenty quid and still left before the freezeout. Well, went out before the freeze-out, did stay around to deal for a while - as I was leaving Luke asked me to come next week to talk about a job dealing tournaments, so not a completely wasted evening. Would have prefered some fúcking cards to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Nice one Marq, you did a great job of reminding me when I was shy last night. Sorry 'bout that - Internet poker makes you lazy...:)

By the way, I hate the self-dealing on Thursday. Anyone suggested dealer's bonus cards...

ie buy dealer's bonus cards for say 5.00 at the start. This money goes to the tournament dealers and players get 25% more in starting chips. It might get more dealers willing to deal the tournie?

Me...I had a great night last night, didn't get my ticket, but my best result to date - went out 6th. Final table was built of four skyscrapers of stacks. I bagged one nice pot to keep me alive but was soon looking at just 3 pink chips and a rapidly approaching blind. Wot no Bubble? But despite the disappointment I had a fun night, especially on table 2 early on watching Dev throw his money away...hell, I even won at roulette for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Originally posted by Waylander
    He is right, if you have cowboys you gotta run with them! You can't lay that down.

Ive folded KK's preflop twice, both times I was right to do so. The second time I went on to win the wed. night tournament in the merrion; wouldnt of won if I had of called.

I played in the 1000£ big tournament last year (won a sattelite) and had K's twice. The first time I hit a K on the flop and ended up taking down A's. The second time I knew I was up against A's again, but I wasnt good enough at that time to lay them down. I covered the guy by a good bit, so I was still alive, but I was so annoyed at myself of not folding I didnt have a chance after that.

• Advertisement

That's the play I should have practised.

Unfortunately I didn't even consider folding them (as in it didn't even come into my mind to fold.. ) stupid!!!!!!! A fold should always be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Obscure
    Not too sure about splashing €100 for the big one next thursday! Only managed to last 1 1/2 hrs last time!!

I'll start the bidding for the €170 credit at €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Humm, how many months till we see a 'Card Club' credit section in the For Sale section of boards?

Davey still no ticket for this month?

Well done to those who got cresit. What was it 5 * €170?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Forget my offer Obscure I'd only be ripping you off big time if you accepted. Best thing to do is to talk to Luke and tell him you didn't understand the way it works and that you can't afford the extra hundred. He's a fair guy I'm sure he'd let you use it as credit in the other games, if not let the bidding resume :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by gerire
    What was it 5 * ?170?

No, there was €970.00 in the prize pool, which would have been only 3 tickets (plus €160.00 tournament credit for 4th). Luke added €30 to make it €1000.00, therefore 4 tickets available, winners just paying the €20.00 entry fee each.

However, when we were down to 5 it ended with a deal being done whereby the 2 biggest stacks took tickets and the other 3 people split the rest for tournament credit.

Considering putting up the 100... not TOO much money! But if i change my mind i may take you up on that offer Davey.

Advertisement