Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denmark vs Bulgaria

• 18-06-2004 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Well, it is time for my team to show what they can do against Bulgaria tonight. Judging by the result of the Sweden-Bulgaria match on Monday I guess this should be an easy match for Denmark?

Did anyone see the Sweden-Bulgaria match? I missed it, so not really sure if Bulgaria is a threat.

Gotta get out of work early today to get home for the match :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I saw it :)

Bulgaria weren't bad actually, and Sweden were in trouble a few times in the beginning.

However, after a while Sweden settled in (mainly after Ljungbergs goal) and started attacking, and thats when we saw how poor Bulgaria's defense was.

The second goal by Henke was a true beauty, and he scored another one not too long after.
    3 - 0 and Bulgaria gave up. After that, they weren't playing.

So, Bulgaria can be a real threat at the top, and I'd say they were a little unfortuante not to get a goal against Sweden.
    However, in the back, they were horrible. They must have realized it though and I'm sure they will try to do something about it, but I'd say you have a good chance of scoring against them.

Also, after loosing 5 - 0, I think their moral would be gone the second Denmark scored one goal... so you should be aiming for a quick one.

Anyways, I think you have a good chance, but don't think of them as easy. Anyone who made it this far is not going to be an easy team to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Going forward Bulgaria are the best team i have seen so far ,guy on left wing Maria Petrov class player , best attacking player i seen yet and this based on one game.

Going backwards they were the worst ,would expect denmark to beat them if they can actually score but some of their shoooting vs italy was bad so wouldnt rule out Bulgaria winning.

based on attacking play from previous games this could be game of the tournament :D

kdjac

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bulgaria were a lot better than the scoreline suggested, particularily going forward. In defence of their defending, it was dreadful for the first goal, but the second was just a superb Sweden goal, and after that Bulgaria folded.

Denmark impressed me against Italy though, and if they keep playing those pinpoint cross field passes to Rommedahl and Jorgensen (has Gronkjaer rejoined the squad yet?) I think they'll beat Bulgaria also.

Gronkie plays tonight.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Yea, thank God he is back. His mum dies last week so nobody really expected him to go to Portugal after all. Hope he does well tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ah, in that case prepare for some dreadfully over-hit crosses ;)

Originally posted by kaids
    Ah, in that case prepare for some dreadfully over-hit crosses ;)
    Name one Danish winger who doesnt have that skill and also to run out of pitch a lot, but somehow manage to have the best career highlights tape ever :D

Ahh Jesper how i loved watching him, think its a danish thing with wingers ,wonderfully skilled ,superb crossers exciting to watch but overhit crosses and running out of pitch is standard.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

2-0 to Denmark. i am sure Bulgaria will want to do much better against Denmark and Italy, that's why i am not predicting 4-0 or 5-0 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bulgaria won their qualifying group containing Croatia and Belgium only conceding 4 goals (Ireland conceded 4 goals in their first match FFS). As we seen last night, Croatia aren't a bad team so Bulgaria definitely have a chance tonight. The stats for the Sweden-Bulguria match will show you how even the match actually was but the Bulgarian defending was atrocious. If they can get through a group conceding just 4 goals maybe the defenders had an off day on Monday.

I'm going for a Bulgaria win. Martin Petrov actually plays in Stilian Petrov's usual position (behind the front two). S Petrov seems to be playing the holding midfield role which is a waste. Hopefully the manager changes it around and SP should get a free role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

'Tis 1-0 to the Danes

Tomasson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! Petrov for miss of the tournament?

While Bulgaira look pretty good going forward they are worse than bad at the back, if Bullethead had his shooting boots on they'd be 3 down already.

Mike.

I can't believe Stilian Petrov is being used as the holding midfielder again, he's like a 3rd centre half. You play one of your best players completely out of position. He's an out and out attacking midfielder, it would be like playing Ballack or Scholes in front of the back 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

0-2 Gronkjaer...Gilesey will be pleased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bulgaria apparently took 7 strikers to Portugal....

Mike.

"who packed the defenders ?" was heard from their hotel during the week.

Meh bit of a letdown the game denmark flatter to decieve its like their thing. Amazed gravesen stead on pitch if petrov was sent off for mouthing. macker petrov was quite may have been the 2 defenders on him every time he got the ball.

kdjac

Terrible game but I have to say, that ref is definitely one of the worst/strictest in the tournament. He was the ref that showed 10 cards in the Swizz-Croatia match and now he books half the Bulguria team. Petrov was sent off for something Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira do every day of the week, shout at the ref for a bad decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bulgaria's preformance was disgraceful. They were 1-0 down but they knew well that they weren't out of the game. Yet they completely gave up and seemed happy to be beaten one - nil. I couldn't help but think that if it was Ireland, wether we won or lost we'd show a lot more spirit and fight. I hope Italy utterly hammer Bulgaria in the next game, they don't deserve anything out of these championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

oh my god.. have I not seen a worse match than that before. Its was the worst game EVER in this tournament.. the bulgarians are a joke, their defence was something out of Division 1 in the Eircom League. Denmark sank to their low in the second half.

I wont even bother watch the Italia Bulgarian match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I had a feeling after the first ten minutes that I shouldnt watch this game . Unlike most of my pools predicitions I was right .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Terrible game. Worst of the tournament so far. Bulgaria gameplay today seemed to mirror the Braga stadiums ambitious archietecture i.e. potentially beautiful before the fact, but damn boring and ugly in reality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement